Sunday, September 17, 2017

Time to Rejuvenate

Last week was stellar. This week? Well, sometimes you just gotta add the color yellow with a sprinkle of red. As usual Green highlight is goal accomplished. Yellow highlight is at least worked on. Red print is a total failure.

1) Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” once every day, or a total of seven tasks for the week.  Since I did ‘b’ five times, I count an accomplishment of seven. 
a) emailed five more chapters to my internet-slacking friend earlier in the week and then gave her an actual copy yesterday.   
b) the Goodreads Giveaway is up and running, so I promoted that five times on all my various social media.
c) I got an email from the publisher of my memoir asking me if I had ever written a study guide for that book because he had gotten an email from someone inquiring about it. I emailed her back my thoughts on that (that I thought it was a good idea and I wish I had time to write one), and did mention the novel in the email.
2) Write three thousand words on the new novel. 1,704 words, a little over half.
3) Work on the poem on aging for Oct 20 deadline. Or work on a piece for “The First Line” for Nov 1 deadline. Actually, I wrote a poem on horses and submitted it to Wilda Morris’s monthly poetry challenge. So, I’m so totally counting that.
5) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Only posted twice. What is up with that?
6) Read four other blogs and comment on three of them. Read five and commented on two, close enough to count.  
7) Non-writing things to do:
a. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer. Nope.
b. Go through one box of my mom’s stuff and discard what I can. Nope.
c. Start contacting the college kids I mentor through our church. Not really, but I did at least get my records out and updated them.
d. Work on three things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers. Gosh, I can’t honestly say it was three things, but I know it was a couple. It had to be, though I can’t remember what.

Next week? I am not making any goals for myself. I am on vacation. The Hubby and I are taking a few day trips (going to the Renaissance Festival today!), doing a little bombing around, gonna try to keep it low key and just relax. It will be my last chance all year and I’m gonna really try to rejuvenate.

How about you? Have you taken any time off to just unwind?
I at least had a copy of the new book in my possession for a day before I gave that one and only copy to my best friend. 

5 comments:

  1. Definitely take that vacation and reset the batteries. :) I like that word, "rejuvenate." Sometimes we need that. Nice progress this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. Am looking forward to spending some time unwinding.

      Delete
  2. As you look back over Round 3, don't you see more green than red? What an accomplishment to get WHERE THE SKY MEETS THE SAND out to readers. You need more paperback copies to hand sell (and to cherish). Have a lovely time rejuvenating and enjoy the break between rounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All things considered, I am very, very happy with what I have gotten done in the last three months. I've come to realize that it takes a long time to crawl out of the abyss, but I think I've made it.

      Thanks, Beth, for all your support this year.

      Delete
  3. I think taking time to relax and fill the well by doing things that rejuvenate us is essential to living a creative life. If we don't pause to experience the world and listen closely to it, how can we make art? Thanks for this post, a lovely reminder of that. Enjoy the Ren Faire!

    ReplyDelete