Monday, October 2, 2017

Do you want a little background?

For those you who follow my blog, but don’t follow ROW80, let me give you a little background. 

Round of Words in 80 Days (ROW80) is the writing challenge which knows you have a life, and being such, you come up with your goals to accomplish in 80 days, four times a year. Today started the fourth Round of this year. Because I don’t always color within the lines, I don’t always follow guidelines of ROW80 – keep in mind the premise is still the challenge which knows you have a life, so there is a lot of leeway.

So these are my guidelines: 1) I post a blog here once a week, letting you know what I accomplished that week and what my goals are for next week. 2) I try to read and comment on the blogs of as many fellow ROW80’ers as I can. Hmm? I think that’s it.

Now you know as much as I do. Here we are the first day of the new Round and this is what I want to accomplish by the end of the next 80 days (or the end of the year, more likely.)

     1)    Finish writing “The House by the River”.
     2)    Participate in three book-signings of “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”.
     3)    Submit three pieces somewhere.
     4)    Clean out the spare bedroom and turn it back into a spare bedroom.

So that’s that. Because I can’t pace myself with a three month-long list, here’s what I want to accomplish by next Sunday, when I will be posting here again.

1)    Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” five times.
2) Write three thousand words on the new novel.
3) Write a poem about aging for the Oct 20 deadline.
4) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.
5) Read four other blogs and comment on three of them.
6) Non-writing things to do:
a. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer.
            b. Work on three things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers.

Oops, I just checked the last thing I posted here and I was heading off on a week’s vacation. If you don’t follow my other blog, The Dino Chronicles, where I’ve been chronicling that vacation, I should let you know that I had a great week. Didn’t rejuvenate as much as I had hoped (and did spend way too much money), but I still found lots of time to relax and unwind and bond with the Hubby.

Have a great upcoming week and I hope you find time to relax and unwind too.  
I don't usually relax in a dress, but hey, a girl's gotta have fun. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your goals. I just got back from vacation (camping) and it was very nice. I'm glad you were able to get some rest and bond with your hubby. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you got to go camping. The saddest part of my summer was that I didn't get to camping at all. But there's always next year.

      Delete
  2. You look lovely relaxing in a dress! Your cover is also lovely, and you just sold another book. Now, to find time to actually READ it....

    Your spare bedroom goal makes me smile. I, too, am attempting to reclaim some spaces this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you look so lovely and relaxed! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete