Sunday, October 8, 2017

Yikes, just Yikes

 It is three a.m. as I am writing this. I had some new pains in my leg when I went to bed, so thought I would try something different for pain, thinking it wasn’t bad enough for Vicodin. Not gonna try this pill again. I slept a few hours and now have been awake for two, dizzy as all get out, wide awake, and now as I write this, am getting sick to my stomach, getting the shakes and breaking out in a sweat. Nuts.

The past week started out pretty slow as far as the goals go. Well, actually pretty slow in all ways, as I can’t remember doing anything the first couple days of the week. I got up the gumption by Thursday though and accomplished a few things.

Goals for the past week and as usual, green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is at least worked on and red print is a total failure.

1)    Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” five times. Hmm? I know that I sold a bunch of them, so that should count for something, but other than that I don’t remember doing anything.
2) Write three thousand words on the new novel. This is where I really shined this week, writing 4,748 words. That could be a record for me, at least since the last NaNoWriMo I attempted a couple years back.  
3) Write a poem about aging for the Oct 20 deadline. Finally. My problem was that I had so many thoughts on the subject of aging, that I didn’t know where to begin. Between my patients and my family, I could write a book of poems about aging.
4) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Yep.
5) Read four other blogs and comment on three of them. I kinda lost track, but I know I was at least close.
6) Non-writing things to do:
a. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer. Nope.
b. Work on three things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers. I don’t remember, so I guess not.

Goals for next week:
1) Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” five times. I seriously need to do this. Here are a few thoughts:
a.     Contact Janke bookstore regarding doing a signing.
b.     Start promoting the two signings I already have scheduled, finalize the third one.
c.      This might not really be about book promotion, but I think I want to come up with a spread sheet for sales.
2) Write three thousand words on the new novel, which should be close to finishing it. Super yeah!
3) Tweak the poem on aging and submit it.  
4) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.
5) Read four other blogs and comment on three of them.
6) Clean up and organize my emails. I’ve always tried to keep my inbox less than 50, but it’s gotten out of hand the last few months. I need to put those emails I don’t want to lose into their own files for posterity.
7) Non-writing things to do:
a. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer. Though I have boxes of pictures to work on, I found another old, old photo album that I’m excited to do. Maybe that will motivate me.
b. Get one box of stuff out of that spare bedroom. Work on selling some of the stuff in that room (such as this love seat/sofa sleeper, like new and asking $250, if anyone is in northern Wisconsin and want to come get it).
c. Work on three things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers. We are currently in between things to work on which could be why I haven’t done much with it lately. I might start working on a procedure manual. 

I need to go back to bed now. Even if I won’t be able to sleep, as least I won’t have to worry about the blurred vision that is settling in. Yikes! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have so many things to do. I envy your energy. Good writing wishes to you! Oh, and wishes for pain free sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you see just one version of this comment! You had a good week, Chris, despite the pains and slow start! And hooray for book sales!

    ReplyDelete