Sunday, March 25, 2018

Between Rounds

If you follow me as part of ROW80, we are between Rounds right now. If you don’t know what ROW80 is, it stands for Round of Words in 80 days and is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. Each round begins on the first Monday of January, April, July and October and runs for 80 days. So this first round of 2018 ended on March 21 and round two doesn’t start until April 2. But because this is a writing challenge which is all about breaking the rules, I continue to post my goals, successes and failures here every Sunday, mostly because I don’t usually keep track of where the round is at.

Here is what I meant to accomplish last week. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is goal at least worked on, red lettering is goal not even attempted. all.   

1. Finish going through “The Truth Beyond the River,” fixing typos and other glaring mistakes. Only did nine chapters. And still have 18 left. Yikes.
2. Do a thorough edit on my book proposal. I don’t know how thorough it was, but I did peruse it again.
3. Write three posts for the “Dino Chronicles”. Yes.
 
B. REACHING
1. Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Read three and commented on two. What happened there? I always meet this goal.
2. Send the proposal to the next agent on my list (assuming I haven’t heard from the first one). Nope.
3. Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”
a. Contact the business my friend mentioned to me for a book signing. Nope.
b. Contact two more friends asking for a review. Just one.

C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. No, I’ve gotten way behind on this.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”.  Yes.
3. Last week I started reading a novel, “The Hideaway”, so I want to get ¾ of the way through that. Yes, at 80% finished.

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Seriously work out five days. This goal totally got nixed after seeing the podiatrist on Monday, who put me in a boot and told me to not put any unnecessary stress or strain on that foot. Nuts.
b. Increase my water intake. Some days yes, some days not so much.
c. Cut way back on my sweets intake. Pretty good, most days.   
2. Home fires
a. I gotta clean up my mom’s papers. It’s been 13 months; I think some of it can go. No.  
3. Tumaini Volunteers
a. Promote the craft sale we have coming up April 7 and 8. Yes.

I have another week until the next round of ROW80 begins, and it is Holy Week this week. Maybe I should focus on things other than myself. Like getting to church for a change.

A. WRITING
1. Finish going through “The Truth Beyond the River,” fixing typos and other glaring mistakes.
2. Do a thorough edit on my book proposal.
3. Write three posts for the “Dino Chronicles”.
 
B. REACHING
1. Send the proposal to the next agent on my list.
2. Promote the book signing I am doing in conjunction with the craft sale on April 7 and 8.

C. READING
1. Try to catch up on the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. 
3. Finish reading “The Hideaway”. 

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Increase my water intake.
b. Cut way back on my sweets intake.  
2. Home fires
a. Clean out my mom’s papers. There’s some stuff in there I need to take care of and I gotta stop putting it off.   
b. Give the dog his spring bath. He’s a smelly, hairy beast.
3. Tumaini Volunteers
a. Work on getting organized for the craft sale on April 7 and 8.

After this week, I am going to really start getting it together and accomplish some stuff. 
Stupid ankle. You can read all about it here. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chris, So I wasn't the only one to visit a podiatrist this week. Hope you heal quickly and are soon back to all that you love to do -- with a bounce in your step! About the writing, revising 9 chapters is a significant achievement. Pat on the back for you. And, yes, focusing on Holy Week will nurture YOU as well. We're all seeking balance. Spirituality in all its many forms (graceful giving that you do constantly) is part of each day. Truly, have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. Hope that you have a good week as well and that your foot problems resolve quickly.

      Delete