Sunday, September 30, 2018

Round 4 Begins

Time to get comfortable with your goals. 

Here it is October 1. Three months left in 2018. Three months to get some serious work done on my writing and personal goals.

The first of this year, I returned to a system I call the Four R’s. Writing and reading are pretty self-explanatory. Reaching means any kind of promotion, anything I do which gets me or my writing out there. Remaining is for all the other things I need to do in my life for balance and because I have stuff to do to keep that life rolling.

I’ve been posting all the goals for each Round, highlighting my successes each week. I decided to use a variation on that for the next three months, posting my goals for the entire Round as well as what I need to get done each week to hopefully make those three-month goals easier to conquer.  

Goals for the entire Round:
A. WRITING
1. Write nine chapters on my next novel, which I am giving the working title of “New Old Spies.
2. Finalize my book proposal and query for my novel “The Truth Beyond the River”.
B. REACHING
1. Find an editor for “The Truth Beyond the River”.
2. Submit three pieces somewhere.     
C. READING
1. Read four books, three fiction and one nonfiction.
D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Lose five pounds. (I know I ended last Round by saying I was taking this off the list, but I really have got to cut back!)
2. Home fires
a. Scan 100 of my old pictures. 
b. Wash all of my house’s windows.
c. Do a major cleaning of three spaces in my house, whether closets, dressers or other areas.  
a. Write the Policy and Procedure manual.
b. Host two merchandise sales.
c. Do a thorough inventory of our current merchandise at the end of the year.
d. Raise enough money($5,000) to start the first segment of the community center.


Goals for this week:
A. WRITING
1. Write two posts for my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”.
B. REACHING
1. Promote myself or a piece of my writing (whether it be promoting one of my books, submitting a piece somewhere, saying something brilliant about my writing on my social media, etc.).
2. Contact three businesses about doing book signings or speaking engagements.
C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”.
3. Read five other people’s blog posts and comment on two of them.
D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Increase my water intake, averaging 60 ounces per day.
b. Exercise four mornings a week and three evenings.
2. Home fires
a. Wash the windows in my office.   
b. Clean the closet in my office.
a. Promote TV on all of our social media.
b. Talk to our board about contacting American Family Insurance offices in the area. (My nephew works for American Family in Arizona, and his office doubles any donations their employees make to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. My daughter is working on a letter for each of us to take into our local AmFam offices to see if their employees would make donations to us. If any of you out there works for American Family Insurance, or knows someone who does, I’d really appreciate it if you would check this out in your office.)

One of the advantages of looking at weekly goals is so that I can tweak what I want to get done based on any extra activities that are on the schedule each week. In the coming week, I don’t see anything extra on the calendar, so I should be able to post lots of green next Sunday!

Wish me luck and best wishes with all of your new goals.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Chris!

    Getting here a bit late, but wanted to say I like your goals and the updated structure!

    May it be a happy and productive round! =D

    ReplyDelete