Sunday, September 23, 2018

what does it mean to be between rounds?

This seems like such a minor thing, yet to me, it is still a God-thing. You know what I mean? When it looks as if the stars have aligned and is it possibly a coincidence or is God causing things to come together. And this is such a minuscule thing I can’t believe I am even mentioning it.

Here it is. If you follow ROW80, you know that we are between Rounds. If you don’t, this is how it works. Round of Words in 80 Days starts on the first Monday of the month in January, April, July and October and runs for 80 days. Prior to each Round, you write your list of writing goals (and other goals, because ROW80 is all about having a life), and then each Sunday and Wednesday for the next 80 days, you post on your blog how you are coming along with that. The third round of this year ended earlier this week, which is why we are between Rounds.

I was pretty stellar with my goals this Round, accomplishing most of them and giving it the old college try on the rest. Last weekend, I was at a writing retreat, and on the last day, we went around the room and shared our intentions, basically our immediate goals. Look, at that, built-in goals for the upcoming Round. Except that I stated I would have one of them already done before the first of the Round. Which is why I am posting them now and may or may not be posting them come that first Monday in October.

1)     By October 1, I will have contacted four places regarding doing a talk.
2)     By October 12, I will have contacted an editor regarding editing my latest novel. (Of course, this may already be defunct by my lack of funds, unless I get creative and this editor I find is generous.)
3)     By January 1, I will have written eight chapters on my next novel.
4)     This month, I will begin paying for an ad on Facebook once or twice a month to boost my reach. (I didn’t mention this at the retreat, but Hubby and I talked about this one and decided it was in the budget.) I already even accomplished this goal, having paid for a Facebook ad on my author’s page, boosting my books which my publisher was offering as free e-books. I think it was rather successful and will definitely keep doing this.
There are more goals, of course, bouncing around in my head, which you would realize if you have been following this blog and have seen my previous long lists. For now, I think, you need to hold me accountable to accomplishing that number one listed goal. I got two weeks and it doesn’t look too daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment