Sunday, April 7, 2019

EVERY DAY

I seem to have fallen off the chart again, having not blogged as much as I should and really not striving to accomplish my goals. With that in mind, I haven’t made any goals yet for this second Round of Words in 80 Days for 2019.

I had a bit of an epiphany earlier this week. At the start of Lent this year (how many ever weeks ago that was now), I had one challenge in mind – you know, like giving up chocolate or swearing or whatever – but that challenge fell completely to the wayside after a couple days.

This past week it dawned on me. What I should do every day in Lent is write – something, anything, however short it may be. Writing coaches recommend that. Just spend ten minutes every day, no matter what, writing whatever comes to mind and keep doing it every day. My plan is to continue this after Lent is over.

Sounds like my new mantra is “every day”.

Anyway, so no other goals, writing or otherwise – for now. April is going to be a ridiculously busy month and I’m not adding anything else to it. Except to write something EVERY DAY. (I’ve been averaging 100 words so far for the last six days, so if I need a number for this, that will be it.)


Hope you all are off to a good start. No matter what your goals are don’t sweat it. Do what you can and just relax. 
 Kinda like our weather. Friday I woke up to the above - fresh snow on my deck. By afternoon, there was hope.

2 comments:

  1. I decided to reduce my meat intake some for lent and that's been going well. A friend does one traditional fasting and a technological fasting, so I was trying to reduce my social media use too, but that hasn't really been going well. Writing daily is a great goal though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple, efficient goal, really! Best of luck with it. ^^

    My latest epiphany was that I had to write about personal stuff though I didn't really want to originally because writing had more to do with escaping than facing reality. But I do need to get it out of my system, so...

    ReplyDelete