Sunday, March 24, 2019

Looking Pathetic

If you follow this blog via the Round of Words in 80 Days, you know that the first round of the year, the first 80 days, has ended. If I don’t keep plowing along every Sunday, year-round, I can forget totally what I’m doing. As it is, it’s tough enough to keep looking at these goals, telling myself to not give up.  

These first three months I reverted back to having an insurmountable list of goals to try to tackle in 80 days. Previous to that, I tried to attack things just one week at a time. I think I may do that again starting April 1. I have a ridiculous lot of stuff on my calendar already until May. And by May, the whole yardwork thing will be out there. So I’m thinking about it all, but not going to think too much. Just going to see what I can do.

But about this past week . . . Hubby and I helped move our daughter and her husband into a new house on Friday. First thing off the bat, I slipped on the ice. Too bad nobody took a video of it. They claimed that as I struggled to not fall my moves were priceless. Good thing my jeans weren’t.



WRITING
1)    Finish the edits on “The Truth Beyond the River”. Finished.
2)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I didn’t work on it this week.
3)    Write nine chapters in “Old New Spies”. I didn’t work on it this week.
4)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.” No, I didn’t post on Wednesday. Again.
5)    Continue posting here once a week.  Yes.  
REACHING
1)    Submit the query/proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.” Nope, not yet.     
2)    Submit four pieces somewhere. No, none.
3)    Redo my website. No.
4)    Do something each week, or at least twice a month, to promote my writing. Hmm? Nope.    
READING
1)    Finish reading “The Secret Garden”. Finished.
2)    Finish reading “Once Upon a Road Trip.” Am 63% done.   
3)    Finish reading “All the Place to Go”. Finished.
4)    Read six chapters in “Grin with Grace.” Still at four chapters.
5)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them. I don’t remember. I only read a few and commented on less than that.     
REMAINING
1)    Empty half the box of old pictures in my office. I only scanned a card box full of obituaries.
2)    Finish my family tree. Worked on it again for a hours and hours. I don’t see this ever getting finished.
3)    Clean six closets or areas in my house.  Done. Finally, something concrete accomplished.   
4)    Continue doing Yoga every day. Yup, managed every day.
5)    Tumaini Volunteers Nonprofit
a.     Get the tax-deduction letters out to our donors by the end of January. Done.
b.     Sign up for two craft sales this spring. Signed up for two.


That does indeed look pretty pathetic. Oh, well, not gonna sweat it. See what I can finish up this week and then come up with a new plan moving forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment