Sunday, March 17, 2019

Not a total slacker

Whoa, I did bake a salmon pie for dinner Friday night. So I'm not a total slacker. 
I truly have no idea where the weeks go, how each day drifts into the next and I don’t have a clue what I did. Argh!

Next weekend, my daughter is moving into her new house. Yesterday, I went down to help her with some cleaning and packing. This Friday, Hubby and I will head down to help with the move. She has assigned me to clean the old house as things are moved out and then clean the new house before they start moving stuff in. Not sure how I can be in two places at once, but we’ll see. The new house is only about a ten minute drive from where she lives now and the forecast is for a beautiful day, so things should go smoothly. Except they neve seem to for my daughter. We’ll all get through it somehow.

But back to me . . .

So here are my goals for January, February and March. If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but which I will keep working on, I’ll highlight it in green. A goal at least worked on is highlighted in yellow and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail. I think the Round ends this week, so we’ll see if I have any more blue here by then.

WRITING
1)    Finish the edits on “The Truth Beyond the River”. Finished.
2)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I am still plugging away at it.   
3)    Write nine chapters in “Old New Spies”. Yea! I finally wrote something on it. Only 850 words, but it’s something, right?  
4)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.No, I didn’t post on Wednesday. Sometimes it’s better to skip it, than to write something lame.    
5)    Continue posting here once a week.  Yes.  
REACHING
1)    Submit the query/proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.” Hopefully, very soon I will send it off.    
2)    Submit four pieces somewhere. No, none.
3)    Redo my website. No.
4)    Do something each week, or at least twice a month, to promote my writing. Gave one of my books to the co-worker who asked about it. It was her birthday today, so it was like – ta-da – easy present.   
READING
1)    Finish reading “The Secret Garden”. Finished.
2)    Finish reading “Once Upon a Road Trip.” Am 43% done.   
3)    Finish reading “All the Place to Go”. Finished.
4)    Read six chapters in “Grin with Grace.” Through four chapters.
5)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them. I read five and commented on four.    
REMAINING
1)    Empty half the box of old pictures in my office. I did some, it’s hard to explain, but really not making much of a dent yet.   
2)    Finish my family tree. Worked on it for a hours and hours. I got a message from a fourth cousin twice removed, or something, so was pretty excited to share information back and forth.   
3)    Clean six closets or areas in my house.  Done. Yeah! I’ve cleaned the front hall closet, the desk in my office, the piles of Christmas decorations in the basement, the linen closet in my bathroom, the closet we call the pantry, and emptied my daughter’s dresser as she is taking it to her new house when she moves next weekend.  
4)    Continue doing Yoga every day. I once again missed Monday.
a.     Get the tax-deduction letters out to our donors by the end of January. Done.
b.     Sign up for two craft sales this spring. Signed up for two, one in town the first weekend in April and one in the southern part of the state for the end of April. Yeah! Progress finally.

With my daughter’s move coming up, I don’t imagine I’ll get a whole lot done this week. Oh, well, that’s just how it goes. Not gonna sweat it.


How was your week? Going to accomplish your goals for this Round? Have any significant issues come up that have slowed you down? Whatever the case, have a good week and think Spring! 

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on wondering when the time goes. Good luck to you and your daughter with the move. Don't sweat having to temporarily put aside other things to get that done, real life has a tendency of always getting in the way of the things we want to do. I'm sure you'll manage to find the time to make up the lost time. Great progress on your goals, and best of luck moving forward.

    ReplyDelete