Sunday, March 3, 2019

Busy and not Productive

It is still cold here in the Northwoods and we still have a ridiculous amount of snow. The forecast for next week promises temperatures pushing into the mid-thirties. That would be nice, but I’m not holding my breath.

Yesterday, I attended a daylong seminar out of town for my day and then stopped at my daughter’s for a couple hours. They are moving the end of the month, so she is pretty wound up, trying to figure out how to get everything taken care of. Wish I could help her out more, but she’ll figure it out. She always does; she’s my strong-willed child, after all.

As far as my writing, looks like it was a week for yellow. Could be better, could be worse.

So here are my goals for January, February and March. If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but which I will keep working on, I’ll highlight it in green. A goal at least worked on is highlighted in yellow and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail.

WRITING
1)    Finish the edits on “The Truth Beyond the River”. Finished.
2)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I knew I didn’t have time to work on it much, so I pulled it up to just look at it. None of my changes from last week were saved. Argh! So back to work I go.  
3)    Write nine chapters in “Old New Spies”. Not started.
4)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.Yes.   
5)    Continue posting here once a week.  Yes.  
REACHING
1)    Submit the query/proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.” I once again looked at those agents. Oh, I also did email a friend who said she would give me a recommendation to one of them, so I’m counting that as being productive!   
2)    Submit four pieces somewhere. No, none.
3)    Redo my website. No.
4)    I really need to try to do something each week, or at least twice a month, to promote my writing. Oops, totally forgot about this one.  
READING
1)    Finish reading “The Secret Garden”. Finished last weekend.
2)    Finish reading “Once Upon a Road Trip.” Am 13% done.  
3)    Finish reading “All the Place to Go”. Finished this morning!
4)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them. I read four and commented on three. So close!   
REMAINING
1)    Empty half the box of old pictures in my office. Nope, didn’t do anything.  
2)    Finish my family tree. Worked on it for a few hours.   
3)    Clean six closets or areas in my house. Up to four. I have cleaned the front hall closet, the desk in my office, the piles of Christmas decorations in the basement and the linen closet in my bathroom.
4)    Continue doing Yoga every day. I finished the initial 30-day Yoga Challenge and am a week into a second one. So, I’m going to change this to yoga every day. I missed two days this week, so have to stick with Yellow.
a.     Get the tax-deduction letters out to our donors by the end of January. Done.
b.     Hold a meeting after the team returns from Kenya. We rescheduled the meeting to March 9.  
c.      Work on the Procedure Manual. Our secretary and I still have to come up with a time to do this.
d.     Sign up for two craft sales this spring. Signed up for one! And will probably sign up for another one soon.   

How was your week? Productive? Or busy without being so productive? Looking forward to Spring as much as we are around here? 
The front of my house. I don't know where we would put any more snow. And I don't know where it's going to go when it melts. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope the snow won't bother you too long.
    *sending you a spell of sunshine from home*
    Spring is around the corner, don't despair!

    Yellow is still good, as you're still finding time to make progress despite a busy life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow picture is terrifying! If we get more than the few inches we've had over the last couple of days, I'm done. I'll stay in until it clears up. Luckily, we rarely go more than a week here without the temps getting far enough above freezing to melt things again.

    I do the busy but not productive thing too. If my kitchen is clean, errands are done, and dogs are brushed, it's a sure bet that I haven't been writing.

    Great progress with your goals!

    ReplyDelete