Sunday, February 24, 2019

Losing my mind

I didn’t post an update last Sunday. I had gone to Minnesota with a friend to visit another friend, and though we got back early enough in the day, I hadn’t worked on many goals during the week, so had little to say.

We had another five or six inches of snow earlier this week and between 14 and 16 last night! I feel like Jack Nicholson in The Shining. “Here’s Johnny!” Like this winter is causing me to completely lose my mind! (Click this link for proof.) We even last power for six hours over night, due to the freezing rain that hit before the snow. Hubby and I have been talking about taking a vacation later this winter, but we were hedging because there is so much going on. This morning, I decided that we are going someplace where there is something other than white on the ground and I don’t care about anything else. So, I’ve put in a lot of hours planning that trip.

So here are my goals for January, February and March. If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but which I will keep working on, I’ll highlight it in green. A goal at least worked on is highlighted in yellow and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail.

WRITING
1)    Finish the edits on “The Truth Beyond the River”. Finished.
2)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I worked on it a little bit more.
3)    Write nine chapters in “Old New Spies”. Not started.
4)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.” Yes.   
5)    Continue posting here once a week.  Nope, missed last week.
REACHING
1)    Submit the query/proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.” No, but I did research some more agents, so I’m not beating myself up on this one.   
2)    Submit four pieces somewhere. No, none.
3)    Redo my website. No.
4)    NEW GOAL. I really need to try to do something each week, or at least twice a month, to promote my writing. I posted a new picture of my books on my author Facebook page so am going to count that.
READING
1)    Finish reading “The Secret Garden”. Finished last weekend.
2)    NEW GOAL. Started reading a new book, “Once Upon a Road Trip”, so want to get 25% through it this week and finish it by the end of March.
3)    Finish reading “All the Place to Go”. 82% done. I better finish it this week.
4)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them. Since I didn’t do much last Sunday and I know I didn’t read anyone’s post on Wednesday, I really need to say this was a fail.   
REMAINING
1)    Empty half the box of old pictures in my office. Scanned only a few more pictures into the computer.
2)    Finish my family tree. Worked on it, still on those cousins I’ve never heard of.   
3)    Clean six closets in my house. Cleaned the front hall closet, the desk in my office, and the piles of Christmas decorations in the basement. But I really need to do another three, so I’m upping this goal to a total of six.
4)    Finish the 30-Day Yoga Challenge. I finished this particular one on Friday. And yesterday morning started a new one. If you haven’t done yoga before and are wondering how to start, look up Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. I love her yoga videos. They are easy to follow and you can choose from low-key to advanced. And Adriene is a sweetheart and so funny. I love her!
a.     Get the tax-deduction letters out to our donors by the end of January. Done.
b.     Hold a meeting after the team returns from Kenya. We rescheduled today’s meeting to March 9. Stupid weather.  
c.      Work on the Procedure Manual. Our secretary and I still have to come up with a time to do this.
d.     Sign up for two craft sales this spring. Signed up for one! Will probably sign up for another one next weekend (gotta talk to someone about it first).  

That’s it for now. Just praying for an early spring and no flooding when this snow starts to melt. 
My garage this morning. I don't know how it's not going to collapse before this is all over. Trying to get someone over to shovel it off, but as you can imagine, every able body is already overworked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment