Sunday, February 10, 2019

And It's Snowing Again

We had a ridiculous amount of snow this past week; I have lost track of it. (And it is snowing again right now.) Hubby took me to work once or twice, as he wasn’t going to be driving school bus and he seemed like he wanted to drive somewhere. I got off of work earlier than usual most days, thanks to the weather, so I should have gotten a lot done on my list of goals. In addition to everything below, I also worked on planning our vacation for later this spring. I kind of obsess about those travel plans.

I guess I didn’t do too bad. Looking ahead, however, I’m hoping to go out of town on Friday for the weekend, so I may not get much done. Unless I am a rock star after work every night. Depends on the stupid snow, too. There’s another 5 to 8 inches in the forecast for Tuesday.

So here are my goals for January, February and March. If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but which I will keep working on, I’ll highlight it in green. A goal at least worked on is highlighted in yellow and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail.

WRITING
1)    Finish the edits on “The Truth Beyond the River”. Finished. I also emailed my editor that final chapter which I had to almost totally rewrite.  
2)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I finally worked on it a little bit, added the comps – comparable books – and edited a few other things.  
3)    Write nine chapters in “Old New Spies”. Not started.
4)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.Yes.   
5)    Continue posting here once a week.  Yes.
REACHING
1)    Submit the query/proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.” No, not done with it yet.   
2)    Submit four pieces somewhere. No, none.
3)    Redo my website. No.
READING
1)    Finish reading “The Secret Garden”. 92% done. Maybe I can finish this week!
2)    Finish reading “All the Place to Go”. 66% done. This one is taking a lot longer. Maybe I should only read one book at a time. It continues to blow my mind when people read a book in a day or two. Do they have more than 24 hours in a day, or what?   
3)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them. Yes, read five and commented on three.   
REMAINING
My mother's Aunt Margaret, her namesake, with her first husband 
1)    Empty half the box of old pictures in my office. Scanned another 15 pictures into the computer. Not even a dent, but it’s something. Everything I pull out of that box is such a gem. This could take a couple years!  
2)    Finish my family tree. Worked on it. My great-grandmother’s side of the family, traveling down the road of all the cousins instead of just going back through all the great-grandparents. Just like those pictures, everything is a gem.  
3)    Clean three closets in my house. Cleaned the front hall closet, the desk in my office, and the piles of Christmas decorations in the basement. So, that is three things, but I think I need to start over then with another three.
4)    Finish the 30-Day Yoga Challenge. I yogaed every day. Up to day 23. Almost done! But then I definitely am going to find another yoga practice to do every day, or even repeat this one.  
a.     Get the tax-deduction letters out to our donors by the end of January. Done.
b.     Hold a meeting after the team returns from Kenya. We will be meeting on February 24.  
c.      Work on the Procedure Manual. Our secretary and I still have to come up with a time to do this.
d.     Sign up for some craft sales this spring. New goal.  

That’s it for now. How’s your weather? Digging out from all the snow like we are? Or enjoying warm days filled with sunshine in some place closer to the equator? 
My driveway Monday morning


4 comments:

  1. After all the rain and ice we've had here, I almost wish we had some of that lovely white stuff in your picture... But no, please don't send any, Chris. We're supposed to be getting plenty this week.

    I like the progress you've been making. After seeing how defeated you seemed to be last year... <> This is happy! (even with the snow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Eden, I'd take the snow over the ice any day. Going through old pictures is a ton of fun! I've beared my way through 1000 in a weekend, but it's so much more fun to take it slow and enjoy the pictures and the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice never seems as persistent as snow. There has to be close to two feet on my roof and now I'm fearing the roof will cave in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had quite a bit of snow as well, but it's all melted, which left a slushy, frozen mess for a couple of days. Congratulations on your progress :)

    ReplyDelete