Sunday, February 3, 2019

Looking Forward to Spring, Already

    Friday, my daughter, son-in-law and two others returned from Kenya. I had to pick them up at the airport, which is a five-hour drive from my house. I left early in the day, so that I could shop on the way and not be in the car for ten plus hours. Of course, even though their plane arrived a bit early, it took forever for their luggage, so I circled the airport at least twenty times waiting for them. Then we had to detour an hour out of our way to drop one of them off. My son-in-law had promised he would drive home, but he was too tired. I totally get that, I mean, they had just spent twenty-two hours in planes and airports. Didn’t get home until after midnight.

Then yesterday, we had to run my daughter’s vehicle down to her (our travel is always convoluted). I spent most of the rest of the day going through the several thousand pictures that they all took. And too much time dreaming about going back to Kenya myself.   

So here are my goals for January, February and March. If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but I will do it all over again next week, I’ll highlight it in green. A goal at least worked on is highlighted in yellow and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail.

WRITING
1)    Finish the edits on “The Truth Beyond the River”. I think I finally made it! I don’t think I mentioned that I needed to rewrite most of the last chapter? I should not have let that bog me down so much. But it needed to be done and the entire book (hopefully) is better because of it.
2)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. Not worked on.
3)    Write nine chapters in “Old New Spies”. Not started.
4)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.” I missed writing a post on Friday (see above).   
5)    Continue posting here once a week.  Yes.
REACHING
1)    Submit the query/proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.” No, not worked on.  
2)    Submit four pieces somewhere. No.
3)    Redo my website. No.
READING
1)    Finish reading “The Secret Garden”. 71% done.
2)    Finish reading “All the Place to Go”. 55% done.
1)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them. Yes, read five and commented on four.  
REMAINING
1)    Empty half the box of old pictures in my office. Not worked on.
2)    Finish my family tree. Worked on. Finished my great-grandfather’s side of the family back to the 1500s. I think sometimes that the people at Ancestry.com just make that stuff up. I mean, really? They kept records that far back??
3)    Clean three closets in my house. Cleaned the front hall closet and the desk in my office (okay, so not technically a closet, but it's still a space). 
4)    Finish the 30-Day Yoga Challenge I started on January 9. Even though my back went out the end of the week, I yogaed every day (that’s not a word, is it?).
a.     Get the tax-deduction letters out to our donors by the end of January. Yeah! I got them all out last Sunday.
b.     Hold a meeting after the team returns. I think we decided on February 23.  
c.      Work on the Procedure Manual. This is a new goal. Our secretary reminded me that we should get together one weekend to finish it.

That’s it for now. After two weeks of arctic blast, our weather is warming up. Maybe we will have an early Spring!  
My son, daughter, son-in-law and one of the others they went to Kenya with. My son took a different flight home, arriving back in the States yesterday, so that meant time on the phone hearing about his take on the trip. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow you must be exhausted after all that driving!
    Good job on finishing editing "The Truth Beyond The River"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want spring too. :)

    Well done on your goals, especially finishing the edit. And yogaing is totally a word. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a full day of driving, plut the catching up after. Plus you still got some stuff done. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you had a great reunion with your daughter and son-in-law, that's great :) And congratulations on your progress.

    ReplyDelete