Sunday, March 10, 2019

Find the Good in Each Day

I won’t get into here, but last Sunday night was – well – horrible for my family. So much so that it put a crimp in most of the week. I got through it, though, and actually by the end of the week, there was more to be thankful for than to grieve for. (Read the post on my other blog.)

One of the gifts I received this week was from the moderator from the writer’s workshop I attended last fall. We each wrote a card to ourselves and the moderator would mail them to us whenever the Lord called her to. Mine came Thursday and it was a kick in the butt. Me telling myself that all those characters in my head have stories to tell and who am I to sit on those stories without sharing them with the world. It was pretty motivating.

So here are my goals for January, February and March. If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but which I will keep working on, I’ll highlight it in green. A goal at least worked on is highlighted in yellow and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail.

WRITING
1)    Finish the edits on “The Truth Beyond the River”. Finished.
2)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I put in a couple hours Friday and couple more yesterday. I’m getting there. Oh, and I found where I had saved my previous changes so the week before was not a total loss.  
3)    Write nine chapters in “Old New Spies”. Not started.
4)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.Yes.   
5)    Continue posting here once a week.  Yes.  
REACHING
1)    Submit the query/proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River.” I’m working feverishly at getting the proposal finished. Hopefully, very soon I will send it off.    
2)    Submit four pieces somewhere. No, none. I did come up with a place to submit a short story that I wrote about a month ago. It just needs some work. Okay, lots of work. Oh, and a poem too.
3)    Redo my website. No.
4)    I really need to try to do something each week, or at least twice a month, to promote my writing. On my other blog, Friday’s post was a passage from my novel. Then yesterday some one came up to me who had read it and asked, “I didn’t know you wrote books. Tell me more.” Score!  
READING
1)    Finish reading “The Secret Garden”. Finished.
2)    Finish reading “Once Upon a Road Trip.” Am 27% done. It’s more of a young adult, possibly even high school or middle school read, so it’s going quick.  
3)    Finish reading “All the Place to Go”. Finished.
4)    NEW GOAL: Read six chapters in “Grin with Grace.” Through two chapters.
5)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them. I read only two but commented on them both. Sorry.    
REMAINING
1)    Empty half the box of old pictures in my office. I did just a very little, but I’m gonna count it!  
2)    Finish my family tree. Worked on it for a few hours.   
3)    Clean six closets or areas in my house. Up to four. I didn’t do any more this week. 
4)    Continue doing Yoga every day. I finished the initial 30-day Yoga Challenge and started a second one.  I missed only Monday.
a.     Get the tax-deduction letters out to our donors by the end of January. Done.
b.     Hold a meeting after the team returns from Kenya. Due to things beyond my control, we are going to have to wait until May now for this meeting. All of our board members just have too much going on, so I will scratch this goal next week.   
c.      Work on the Procedure Manual. Our secretary and I still have not come up with a time to do this. But as with the goal above, it looks like we won’t find the time.
d.     Sign up for two craft sales this spring. Signed up for two, one in town the first weekend in April and one in the southern part of the state for the end of April. Yeah! Progress finally.
6)    BONUS GOAL: I sewed new wrist supports for my office yesterday. I put some essential oils in them which are suppose to nurture creativity.

I’m trying not to let the upcoming week scare me. A co-worker is on vacation and how that pans out is I’m the one to work shorthanded. It just is how the schedule works, so I anticipate working late every night. One good thing to look forward to though, is that I have a massage scheduled for Friday.


How is your week looking? Going to have the time to finish off your goals for this Round? Or thinking that it just isn’t going to happen? Whatever the case, hang in there. And find the good in each day. 
Thanks to that horrible Sunday night, a co-worker got me flowers to cheer me up. Aww!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chris, So good to see all these amazing and well-organized goals. Despite all that happened on Sunday night, you have a clear plan and ARE making progress. I can't blame jet lag forever for not quite getting caught up, but your planning inspires me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ratio of worked on to not started is very good! Especially with so many goals to hit. :-) Woohoo on the "tell me more"! That's always exciting. I hope it leads to more exciting moments.

    ReplyDelete