Sunday, February 23, 2020

a little crazy around here

My son and my #1 grandpuppy

Seven o’clock, Friday morning, I left for the hour drive to the high school where I gave an hour-long presentation about my travels to Kenya. Drove back to town, worked for two hours at the clinic, and then left home again around one to drive the four hours to my son’s place for the night. We had a good visit, then stopped at my daughter’s house on the way home and didn’t get to our house until nearly seven Saturday night. It was good to see my kids and good to share Africa with a group of strangers. But it was a long 36 hours. 

I spent most of the rest of the week working on that presentation, hence the mix of color below.

As usual, green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1)        Read through “Finding Justice” one more time.  Nope.
2)        Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”, in anticipation of getting back to writing on it. Nope.    
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.Yup.
4)        Post here once. Yup.

REACHING
1)        Research self-publishing “Finding Justice” on Amazon. I didn’t research as much as added the copyright and disclaimer stuff to the front and my bio to the end. That’s something, right? 
2)        Design a cover for “Finding Justice.” How  about this one?
3)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”. Nope.
4)        BONUS: Regarding “Truth Beyond the River”, I did do something with it. I did email it to one of my relatives as well as re-emailed it to the gal who was going to design the cover and had deleted the copy I had originally sent her.
5)        Finish the presentation for my niece’s class and give it on Friday. Got this done, gave it my best shot, but you know that high school freshmen are a pretty tough crowd.

READING
1)        Read 65% of the novel I’ve been reading, “In This House of Brede”. Up to 73%.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Read five and commented on three. Not that I have anything against my blogging friends at ROW80, but I’ve been looking into reading other blogs as well. Just letting you know. Broadening my horizons.

REMAINING
1)              Scan and dispose of pictures from yet another old photo album. Nope, not at all.

This coming week is more of the same – CRAZINESS! I have a meeting at work on Tuesday over the lunch hour (that’s the time I try to read other blogs), I have a church meeting after work on Tuesday, and then there’s Friday – Mammo at eight am, oil change at ten am, appointment for income taxes at eleven am. Then there is an RV show out of town on Friday and Saturday which we want to go to one day. We’ll see how that works out. I know – cutting myself thin again, right?

In spite of all of that, here is what I want to get done this week.  

WRITING     
1)        Read through “Finding Justice” one more time. 
2)        Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”, in anticipation of getting back to writing on it.   
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.”
4)        Post here once. 

REACHING
1)        Research self-publishing “Finding Justice” on Amazon.
2)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”.

READING
1)        Finish reading the novel “In This House of Brede”.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. 

REMAINING
1)              Scan and dispose of pictures from yet another old photo album.
2)              Wash the walls in my spare bedroom.

How have you been doing? Running yourself ragged trying to get everything done? Or just chillin’? Whatever the case, best wishes to you!

1 comment: