Sunday, March 1, 2020

Getting Stuff Done

First selfie with my 35 mm camera, back in the fall of 1980.

This past week was more of the same craziness. All went well, though.  Two meetings on Tuesday – one at work over the lunch hour and one at church in the evening. Friday, I checked off mammogram at eight a.m., oil change at ten a.m., appointment for income taxes at eleven a.m. and RV show out of town in the afternoon. Yesterday, I met two old friends for lunch. I got up early today and got right to work, even though my daughter came up for a couple hours, she actually was more of a help with the housework, than a hindrance.  
My daughter with her two dogs in my back yard today. They are such snow-babies.
 Here's how my goals turned out. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

1)        Read through “Finding Justice” one more time.  No.
2)        Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”, in anticipation of getting back to writing on it. No.         
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.” Yes.
4)        Post here once. Yes.

REACHING
1)              Research self-publishing “Finding Justice” on Amazon. Done.
a.     I started reading through the author’s agreement on the Amazon website.
b.     I thought I should look into other novellas that are out there on Amazon, so I found one and read it. It seemed comparable in length and feel to mine.
2)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”. No.

READING
1)        Finish reading the novel “In This House of Brede”. Still up to only 83%, but if you read 1a above, you’ll see I got distracted reading something else.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.  I read five blogs and commented on three.

REMAINING
1)              Scan and dispose of pictures from yet another old photo album. Yes.
2)              Wash the walls in my spare bedroom. Yes! Even washed the floor! This surprised me – so ambitious. Thank you to my daughter for helping. 
The cleaned spare bedroom. I still need to figure out curtains. 
Now for the upcoming week. I usually have Fridays off from the day-job, but this week I work all day Friday, but am off tomorrow. I am pretty psyched about that, thinking it’s like having an additional day off, when it really isn’t, but you know how we play those games in our heads.

Other than that, nothing going on, so I should be productive. Plus, spring is in the air. The forecast for the next ten days is for highs ten degrees above normal, with little precipitation. Yeah!   

WRITING     
1)        Read through “Finding Justice” one more time. I have got to get on this!
2)        Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”, in anticipation of getting back to writing on it.               
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.”
4)        Post here once. 

REACHING
1)        Prepare to self-publish “Finding Justice” on Amazon. One more week and I’m going to put it out there!
2)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”.

READING
1)        Finish reading the novel “In This House of Brede”.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. 

REMAINING
1)        Work on my family tree (I haven’t done that in a while. Another relative died this morning, so that always jars me into working on it.)
2)        Clean the medicine chest and vanity in the spare bathroom.
3)        Wash the walls in our spare bathroom. (I really overdid it on that bedroom, so hoping to ease back this week on the house cleaning.)

How is your weather? Better or worse than normal for this time of year? Does the weather play a role in how many of your goals you accomplish?

2 comments:

  1. A busy week indeed! And lots of work on your goals too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress for a busy week.

    ReplyDelete