Sunday, March 29, 2020

things have gotten crazy


Boy, folks, I don’t know. Things have gotten crazy. I still feel like I am living in a movie with bad acting and no plot. Well, except there is a plot – “we’re all gonna die!” No, not really. But whatever, I’m keeping it together, but my goals have totally run off the rail. I’m okay with that. I need to do what I need to do and not fret about things beyond my control. Life goes on and I’m going to quit rambling now.

I do have to interject here, though, that I did begin journaling my view of the pandemic (titled “Covert Corona and how Chris is coping”). Instead of doing much else writing, I have written over 6,000 words there. Too bad everything isn’t that easy to write.

Here's how my goals came out for the week. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure. Looks like it was an all or nothin’ kind of week.

1)        Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”. No.  
2)        Finalize the “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”. No.
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.” Yes.
4)        Post here once. Yes.

REACHING
1)        Continue to spread the word about “To Find Justice”. No.   
2)        Look at my website. I know I’m not ready to update it – that is so time-consuming, but I at least want to get some thoughts on what I want to do with it. No.

READING
1)              Read up to 50% of the novel I started late last week, “Unbroken.” No. I read up to 37% but had to stop because it is so dark and depressing. I started something else, a cozy mystery, so may return to “Unbroken” after finishing that. Maybe.
2)        Read six other blogs and comment on three of them.  Read seven and commented on four.

REMAINING
1)        Work on my family tree some more. Yes.   
2)        Work on a quilt. About ten years ago I cut out squares for a Peanuts quilt. Yes. I sewed six rows.  
3)        Cancel our spring vacation reservations. Yes. 😞
 
I’m going to step back and live life next week without stressing about goals and things I should be doing. I may have a bit more time off from the day job this week (a long story), so I should make big plans. But, nope, my only plan is to keep on living.

WRITING     
1)        Continue daily updates on “How Chris is Coping”.     
2)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.”
3)        Post here once. 

REACHING
1)        Write a blog post about the idea behind “To Find Justice”. 

READING
1)        Read up to 75% of the cozy mystery, “Never Con a Corgi.”
2)        Read six other blogs and comment on three of them. 

REMAINING
1)        Work on my family tree. 
2)        Finish sewing the initial rows of quilt squares.

That’s it for me. Are you being forced (encouraged) to stay home more? Are you finding that makes you more or less productive? Are you and your loved ones staying healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment