Sunday, March 8, 2020

Gone by in a Blur


Yet another week gone by in a blur. I had Monday off from the day job, so in addition to cleaning through the whole house, I got my hair cut. I think it is adorable, just wish I could take a decent selfie.

Friday, after working all day, I went to the high school musical with Hubby. The kids always do such a good day and Hubby needed to get out of the house. His broken arm is healing well, but still going too slow for him.

Yesterday, my daughter dropped off her dogs – my grandpuppies. They are pretty well behaved – just two incidents of getting in the garbage and one of pooping in the basement. The only thing is that they don’t get along with cats, so we had to lock ours in the garage, which always makes me a little sad, coz I hate doing that to my sweet Cheshire.

Anyway, here's how my goals turned out. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is worked on and red lettering is a failure.

WRITING     
1)        Read through “To Find Justice” one more time. Done! Yeah! I also changed the title of it.  
2)        Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”, in anticipation of getting back to writing on it. Nope, still haven’t looked at it.  
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.” Done.
4)        Post here once. Done.

REACHING

1)        Prepare to self-publish “To Find Justice” on Amazon. I did it! I just said, this is enough dragging my feet. I published it as an e-book only. Started doing a print version, but things ran amok, plus it is really too short for a book; I just wanted to see how that works.
2)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”. Nope.

READING
1)        Finish reading the novel “In This House of Brede”. Finished! Another Yeah! It was much better than I thought it would be, but was long.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Read five and commented on three.

REMAINING
1)        Work on my family tree. I worked on a couple of the cousins’ families, uploaded a few pictures to my family tree on line too.
2)        Clean the medicine chest and vanity in the spare bathroom. Done.
3)        Wash the walls in our spare bathroom. Nope.  

Not gonna lie – it looks like I rocked. Now for next week. I have to work again this Friday, getting Tuesday off instead. On Saturday, I also work, just in the morning, and then have plans to meet two high school friends for lunch. Tuesday evening, I have to help with stuff at church, and Wednesday night I have to bake a pan of bars for a funeral Thursday. Yikes! Don’t know how much extra I’ll get done, but here goes:  

WRITING     
1)        Read through my novel-in-progress, “Ice Cream Spies”, in anticipation of getting back to writing on it.   
2)        Write a “thank you” section for the end of “The Truth Beyond the River”. (Not sure why I’ve had this under the “reaching” tab for all these months.) 
3)        Post three times to “The Dino Chronicles.”
4)        Post here once. 

REACHING
1)        As soon as “To Find Justice” is published on Amazon, I need to spread the word about it.
2)        Look at my website. I know I’m not ready to update it – that is so time-consuming, but I at least want to get some thoughts on what I want to do with it.

READING
1)        Since I just reading a weighty novel, I’ve started something light – a cozy mystery. Would like to get half-way through that.
2)        Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. 

REMAINING
1)        Work on my family tree some more.  
2)        Wash the walls in our spare bathroom.
3)        Remember our nonprofit? Tumaini Volunteers? We really haven’t done anything with it since I got back from Kenya in October. I need to inventory the merchandise we have left for sale and take it to the store in town which has been selling it for us.  

That’s about enough. How about you? Are you on track with your goals? Or are you feeling overwhelmed right about now?

(Oh, and also, I about lost my mind posting this blog. I don't know why the formatting is messed up. I redid it three times and couldn't get it right. Just so you know and in case you hadn't noticed. It makes me totally crazy!!!!!!! Because it looks so tacky.)


3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a pretty great week for your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much green! I'm glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ice Cream Spies" is a great title! I'm very interested in reading it!

    ReplyDelete