Sunday, August 16, 2020

Stay-cation


Last Sunday evening’s blog post presented quite a gloomy outlook. But as mentioned then, it was brought on by the usual letdown which occurs every time I publish another book.

I never know when I will be able to get back in the saddle again, yet, surprisingly another horse showed up at my house last Monday all ready to be ridden. So what was I to do, except to start writing a new novel, even though I had already started one two years ago and was 14 chapters and 16,000 words into it.

I really never saw myself as someone with attention deficit disorder, yet here I am, with my head in sixteen different places, wondering why I can’t get anything done!

That’s enough rambling. Here is what I did this past week, during my staycation.

     1)    My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”.
a.     Blogged about it on Friday.  
b.     Reminded pretty much everyone I talked to to write reviews of it.
c.      Got the four copies in the mail to those who had helped with it and heard back from all four of them that they had received their copy and were so pleased.
d.     Sold one copy and have cold hard cash to show for it.
     2)    Other writing.
a.     Blogged about our camping trip.
b.     Wrote three chapters and 1700 words in my newest novel.  
c.      Did research for the newest novel.   
d.     Started redoing my website.
     3)    Other stuff.
a.     Cleaned the shelves under the basement stairs. What a horrendous mess that was!
b.     Cleaned three drawers in the kitchen and three night stand drawers.   
c.      Picked and froze beans every other night.
d.     Washed half the windows in the house.
e.     Took a walk at a park in town and took lots of pictures.
f.       Met my brother-in-law and his wife halfway between our town and theirs for a picnic lunch.
g.     Picked up the two new additions to our family! 
Emma, in the carrier on the way home. She is so adorable and such a cuddler. 

Gizmo. He was supposed to be a girl, but oh well. He is a little dickens though.
He looks so big in this picture, but he's really only a little taller than she is. 





































I’m thinking, as always, how wonderful it would be to be retired so that every week could be like this one. But, no, it’s back to work tomorrow. And after work each night, what am I going to get done?

     1)    My novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”.
a.     Blog about it again on Friday.  
b.     That might be it. I feel I’ve done all the marketing I can, but I’ll keep thinking about it. I won’t give up on it.
     2)    My newest novel, “Save Our School” (working title only, and a dumb one).
a.     Write three chapters.
b.     Do another night of research. Half of it takes place during the late 1850s and up through the Civil War. The other half takes place ten years from now, it’s kind of dystopian. This will take a fair amount of research.
     3)    Other writing.
a.     Post about the last day of our camping trip on my other blog.
b.     Finish redoing my website.
     4)    Other stuff.
a.     Finish washing the last of the windows in my house.
b.     Go out to my mom’s property, because I’ve been going to do that all summer and here it is almost the end of August!
c.      Spend lots of time playing with the kittens, oh, and especially acclimating them to our old cat and the dog.  
Emma and Dino actually get along pretty well already. 

Gizmo and Dino? Not so much. 

That’s about it. Wish me luck. And here’s hoping you have a good week as well. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment