Sunday, August 7, 2022

Monthly Check-In

 I’ve been posting my monthly goals on the first Sunday of every month. I wanted to post an update sooner than today, as we are a week into August already, but such is life.

I’m not going to lie. I did stupendous on my July goals. Success, or at least close, on every point. I’m lovin’ this retirement gig! Or I had been until I ended up working three and a half days this week. Argh!

My July goals:

1.     Write twelve chapters in “RTN”. Done!

2.     Think about a new title for the novel. “Rewrite the Now” is no longer as catchy as it was when I started. A vague goal. I thought about some but came up with nothing.

3.     Think about a cover and other promotions for it. Another vague goal. And another one which I thought about, a lot, actually. Nothing jumping out at me though.

4.     Start organizing the pictures on my laptop. Yes, I worked on this a lot.  

5.     Clean the cat’s room in the basement. Yes, done!

I have managed to over-book myself for the month of August. Camping for five days, friend from out of state coming for four days, visit to see Hubby’s brother for three days, my sister’s class reunion (a long story of why I have to go). I count money at church every Sunday. I have a dentist’s appointment. Hubby has an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon for his knee. And I even scheduled an appointment to donate blood! In addition to the fact that I already worked three and a half days this month.

It's going to be okay, though. Except that someone at work just turned in their two-week notice, so I’m waiting for the manager to call begging me to work whenever I can. But you know what else, once I get through this month and September, I am off to Kenya for the first two weeks in October. It has been three long years (thank you, Covid) since I’ve been to Africa and I cannot wait to see our friends who live there. We are also hoping to take a trip to the coast of the Indian Ocean, which looks amazing. CANNOT WAIT!

But, I still have to get things done in August:

1.     Finish writing my novel, “Rewrite the Now.” (I only have about five or six more chapters to write.)

2.     Come up with some cover concepts for it.

3.     Keep organizing the photos on my laptop.

4.     Wash half of the windows in my house.

5.     Tend to my vegetable garden, freezing what can be frozen and tearing down what is done for the season.

That should about do it, I think.

Wishing you the very best. Chris 

Our weekly July camping trip to Michigan. Had a wonderful time. And wrote almost every day. 


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and inspirational update, Chris! I keep putting my monthly goals in a Word file and mark progress every day, but here, I really like how you are accountable to post them once a month! Bravo on your progress, despite all those other commitments. Enjoy every moment of being retired -- and expect a busy schedule! Write on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Beth, for always being supportive. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out the best way to track goals and everyone is different.

      Delete
  2. Glad you can finally find the time to crack these goals! Enjoy the rest of the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had a productive month and it's not quite over yet!

      Delete