Friday, February 24, 2023

All Sorts of News

So much has been happening over the last few weeks. Yes, copies of my latest book, “Prior to Now”, have arrived, and I’ve sold eleven of them so far. Initially, I only ordered twenty, so I really need to order another batch this weekend.

I also signed up to sell them at three craft shows in the next two months. Last spring, I got this crazy idea to sew little bags for all my co-workers when I retired (which never happened – the retiring part, not the bag sewing). A few months ago, I came up with another crazy idea – to sew bags to sell with my books.

I have totes full of scraps of fabric. I collect pieces of cloth like my husband used to collect comic books. In my spare time, I could sew dozens of these book-size bags. But then again, since I haven’t retired yet, I don’t have nearly as much spare time as I had planned.

In between sewing and pushing my new novel on people, I’ve also been editing the Chronicles of Coping with Covid, which I started writing just under three years ago. I’m still not sure what I will do with the finished project. Publishing to Amazon all on my own gives me a bit of a rush. I mean, yes, it’s time-consuming and frustrating at times, but so gratifying in the end. We’ll see. It’s kind of scary reading what I wrote during those worst months of the pandemic; it really sounds like I lost my mind. Would reading what I went through help anyone who went through the same slipping away of their sanity?

But the most exciting thing that happened this week, which I had no control over, was that I received my first review on Amazon. And it was more glowing than I could ever have dreamed. Did I really write a book worthy of that praise?

Read “Prior to Now”, and then you tell me.

Have a great weekend, Chris 



No comments:

Post a Comment