Friday, March 3, 2023

A Plea and Other News

I’ve spent the last four months publishing and promoting my latest book, “Prior to Now”. You’re probably tired of hearing about it, but I’ll have to keep bugging you. My current goal is to get a dozen reviews, so if you shop Amazon.com and have read my novel, please, please, PLEASE write a review. Even if you didn’t particularly care for this book, mediocre reviews carry more weight than none.

The other bit of news which I have not shared is regarding the first three books I wrote.

Jeremiah Zeiset took a chance on me ten years ago and published my first book, my memoir, “A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven”. His publishing company was Life Sentence Publishing at that time, but over the years, as their focus evolved, the name changed to Aneko Press. Jeremiah and the rest of his staff are wonderful to work with, have always responded to my annoying emails within hours, and treat their authors like friends.  

A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven” was published in the fall of 2012, and the two devotionals followed a few years later. After any books have been in print for that long, sales dwindle. Thanks to the capability of Amazon to print books on-demand, they aren’t languishing on a book store shelf somewhere, but they still languish in the virtual world.  

Jeremiah contacted me a few months ago, asking if his organization could turn those books over to me. He would no longer have to keep track of those few sales the books are making, and I would have control over promotions, prices, and any future edits I thought were needed. It was a win-win situation for me and Aneko Press. But I do have to admit to a momentary grief as I cut ties with the publisher who gave me my start. I’ll forever be grateful to Jeremiah for that.

So, moving on, I might mention those three books a little bit more here and on my social media. Each of my books is a baby of mine, and I will never let one of them slip away.

Have a good weekend. Chris



 

No comments:

Post a Comment