Friday, March 10, 2023

Goals and Life

When I started this blog in the summer of 2012, my intention was to share my writing story and my writing goals. I did well with that for quite a few years, posting long lists of goals I had for each week and how many of them I had accomplished the previous week. All while I was still working full-time!

I don’t know what happened. Life, I guess, but for the last three or four years, I’ve been posting here very sporadically. I think it’s time to put the train back on the tracks.

Last summer, I started writing on paper in a tablet my weekly goals. I think it helps to have that pad of paper staring at me whenever I sit at my laptop in my office. That doesn’t mean I am a rock star about accomplishing what I’ve written down, but at least it reminds me of what I wanted to do.

On that list for this week is:

1)     Study 3 John. Last summer I returned to the Bible Study group I had gone to seven years ago, but then when I went back to work parttime in September, I was no longer able to attend. I've been trying to keep up with what they are reading each week and hope to return to the group soon.

2)     Sew 2 bags. I mentioned those two weeks ago. The little book bags I’ve been sewing to sell with my books at upcoming craft shows.

3)     Edit the Covid Chronicles. Back when the Covid-19 pandemic hit three years ago, I started writing a journal of how my days were going, especially what it was like working in a family practice clinic and all the challenges we went through. I’d like to publish it, but sometimes I still don’t know; it's pretty personal. I’ll see how I feel after I get through this round of edits.

4)     Do something with health insurance. Well, this is too long a story to write about here, but I’ll just say that as I get closer to being fully retired, I need to get some sort of health coverage and marketplace insurance didn’t work out for me when I was on it for four months last year.

5)     Vacuum and wash the car. It certainly needed it, but the real factor was that Hubs and I have been talking about buying a different vehicle so I thought my current one should look presentable as a trade-in. 

Here it is Friday, and I can say that even though I haven’t accomplished all these goals yet this week, I have at least worked on all of them. 

Hmm? So here’s the question. Do I write this blog on Fridays and switch my list from Sunday thru Saturday over to Friday through Thursday? Or figure out a day of the week that works better for this blog? Can you see why I have such a hard time checking off anything on that list?

Oh, and one last thing. I need to do something to promote my latest book every week. I know you are sick and tired of hearing about it and even though I have two reviews on Amazon now, I need to keep pushing it! 

Have a great weekend and thanks for reading. Chris

And, as mentioned last week, I'm always planning road trips. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment