Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Asking for your opinion again

        I am working to finalize my latest devotional/memoir. First I need to choose between the two titles:

“Bones and Stones and Pain, Oh, My – 40 Day Devotional for When You’re in Pain” or

            “Pebbles, Rocks, and Kidney Stones – 40 Day Devotional for When You’re in Pain”

        Let me know which one you like better. Also, below are four more possible covers. When I shared covers previously, the majority voted for the picture of me holding a handful of pebbles I had picked up in a church parking lot when I was suffering from my second kidney stone.

COVER 1

COVER 2

COVER 3

COVER 4


        Not only let me know which one you like the best, but if you like one font better than another or a different color and stuff like that.

        Moving on. The first of November, I finally started posting a list of goals again. Here is what I accomplished:

 Writing:

1)     Finish editing my devotional/memoir about dealing with pain. Done

2)     Finalize the cover for “Bones”. Asking for your opinion

3)     Get my son to work on formatting with me. Done

4)     Reread what I have so far on the second novel in the “Ice Cream Spies” series, in anticipation of getting back to it as soon as “Bones” is finished. Not done.  

 Reaching:

1)     Promote one of my latest works once a week. No, I don’t think I did.

            2)   Promote the vendor sale on November 18. Yes.

3)   Sew three book bags for the vendor sale on November 18. Yes (And by the way, the sale was a huge success 😊)

            4)   Hire someone to do some professional advertising of my books. No.

 Reading:

            1)  Start and finish reading two novels. Looks like only one.  

            2)  Read and study four chapters in the Book of Acts for my Thursday Bible study. Yes.

 Retiring:

1)     Once a week do research on my trip to Cambodia for next fall. I know it seems a long way away, but I gotta keep chasing that dream. Nope, didn’t at all.

2)     Once a week do one hour of research on the family tree. Did a couple times.

3)     Host our annual Thanksgiving dinner. Yes.

         For the month of December, I am only going to work on getting this latest book finalized and published. I have found that getting that done takes longer than it should, or maybe it’s just me being a putz. And Christmas is right around the corner. So I’m not going to put any added stress on myself.

        Have a great day and I look forward to your thoughts on the book title and cover.

Chris

1 comment: