Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What do I write?

As I already mentioned last week, I have written a lot of different things.

First it was mostly short stories, sappy poems and pathetic excuses for novels. As my life evolved and I began having more stories of my own, I started writing more about my life. It appears that there is inspiration everywhere.

I don't think I have mentioned it much, but I have also always been drawn to photography. With the advent of digital cameras and USB ports, it became sinisterly easy to down load pictures and write about them. That is where my other blog often times ends up.

When not blogging, or otherwise rambling on the internet, I am currently working on a novel inspired by my mission trip to Kenya in 2006. This book tells the story of a lonely boy and the people he crosses paths with. I know, why is he lonely if all these people are coming through his life. Maybe that is the take of the whole book. But I don't know yet. And probably won't until it's finished, in maybe another 25,000 words.

I have written a 40-day devotional based on the Christmas story and have also finished my memoir of my  trip to Africa. That particular book still needs a lot of work, but I have put it away to ferment for a while. 


I have about four other ideas for books rattling around in  my brain. In the meantime, I continue to work on snippets of my life story. There are not enough hours in the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment