Sunday, June 24, 2012

Where do I write?

I know that I said I wasn't going to take the time to post pictures on this blog, but I had this picture handy, so  I thought I would throw it out there. Even though this isn't a very inspirational picture, this is currently where I do my writing.

In 1993, after my first husband moved out, my sister and I built two rooms in my basement. One was designated as a playroom (and still doesn't seem to be finished), and the other was to be my office. We moved my computer down here at the time, but somehow the computer moved back upstairs in 1999 when we remodeled.

Eventually I got a laptop, which made it convenient to write where ever I wanted. Which also meant that I was always easily distracted where ever I was writing. For a while I parked in the living room and watched more episodes of American Pickers and Pawn Stars than I care to admit to. I finally moved to the dining room table, which worked for a while, except we could never eat at the table. Actually that was a good excuse for my husband as he prefers eating on the couch in the living room. I moved for a time onto the bed of my daughter's old bedroom. The cats and the dog liked that because then they could lay on my feet as I wrote. I decided that was not a very ergonomically sound place to be.

I got ambitious and cleaned up the office in the basement. And that is where I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment