I feel that I have been shorting myself here the last two weeks. I've come to the realization that my numbers are not nearly as bad as I have reported. I have not maybe been working on my novel and I am basking in the glow of my finished (being printed as I type) book, but the creative juices are churning. Just before Thanksgiving, I got roped into helping with our church's children's program. OK, it didn't take much rope. Someone said, "if I can find someone to help with the Christmas program..." And before she finished her sentence, I chimed in "of course, I'll work on it with you."
In my little dream world, I would love to write the Christmas program myself. Not to bask in more glory, but just because I think it would be fun. Instead, however, we found a ready made program which we tweaked to better fit our very small group of kids. I've put a few hours into it, but I'm sure not complaining. One of my fondest Christmas memories has always been the Sunday School program.
One year, when I was six or seven, as we were leaving the house, I slipped on the ice and fell. I don't remember any physical pain, just the jarring pain of ripping a hole in my new white tights. Yeah, I don't care what decade you live in, little kids should get all dressed up the night of their Christmas program at church.
So where are my goals for the week?
* 3 points - I posted to my other blog three times.
* 1 point - I commented on at least three other blogs.
* 2 points - I added to my social networks at least two times.
* 1 point - I don't have any idea how much time I spent marketing my book. It has mostly been Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn posts. The other day I set up a date for a book signing here in town. That's a new one for me; it should be fun and hopefully I sell some books.
* 3 points - I typed something. OK, as I explained above it was all working on the Christmas program, but I only counted the approximately three hours I spent at the keyboard.
That gives me a total of ten points out of 18. Very good for this time of year, don't you think? Hey, and I got my Christmas cards done and didn't count that.
Oh, and my book is out on Kindle, available for $4.86 right now, but will be offered for free from December 25 through 29.