Sunday, December 30, 2012

What did I accomplish in 2012?

As you all know, I published my memoir in 2012. I suppose that is the biggest news, not only for the year but for my entire life.

But what else did this year bring? I haven't talked about my family at all on this blog, so let me quickly introduce you to my kids.

Nick will turn 27 in a few weeks. Last March he finally got his dream job - working as an electrical engineer in southern Wisconsin, surrounded by his friends and within driving distance of his family. In November, he even got health insurance through his employer. That's a huge accomplishment.

My daughter Val, 22, just moved for the third time in 2012. She started yet another new job back in February I think. She is also making plans to return to Africa. She is a work in progress and I don't know that her goals will ever be met because she keeps moving them out there. Maybe life isn't about achieving our goals but continuing to chase them.

I have always asked my husband what his dreams are, what he wanted to do with his life. Being the sap that he is, he told me recently that he has achieved his one goal - to be married to a wonderful woman. Gag me. Yes, he is my soul mate, but really?

Anyway, this week I will be formulating my goals for 2013 and will be sharing them soon. I wish for you all great success and happiness in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment