Sunday, September 6, 2015

slowing down

First off, I need to let you know that my E-visa was approved and emailed to me. I printed off a copy and put it with my passport and other important papers for my trip, so at least that much is done. I cannot believe that I leave for Kenya four weeks from today!!! Yikes!!!

What can I come up with this week?

1. READING
a. Read and comment on my weekly assigned blog posts as a ROW80 sponsor. Done.
b. Read 100 pages of “Shantarm”. I read 68 pages, so at least I am getting close. There is no way I am going to finish it though before I leave on my trip, and I am sure not hauling this hefty book with me.
2. WRITING
a. Write two blog posts here and three posts to my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Done.
b. Start the proposal for my novel, Jenny’s story. I did research some agents, and then decided that I really should edit it one more time, on the totally off chance that an agent gets back to me that they want me to send them the whole thing. I know, but a girl has to dream big. So, I did edit six chapters.
c. Do research on my new novel, The Abbey. I actually did look up some websites on the Vietnam War. 
3. REACHING
a. Post three updates on any of my books to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Posted twice, I think, I’m pretty sure.
b. Write a complete update on my website. Done.
4. PERSONAL
1) Research raising chickens. I visited two flocks of chickens. A friend of mine has a son who has four hens and a rooster and her next door neighbor has 15 to 20 hens and a rooster, along with two pigs. I have definitely crossed pig-raising off my list. They stink so bad.
2) Contact our liaison with my questions about raising chickens in Kenya. Not.
3) I have an idea for a fund-raiser at work. Whenever I have come back from Kenya in the past, I set up a day to sell all the arts and crafts that we brought back. My co-workers go crazy over that stuff. So I thought I would offer them a $5 off coupon for every $25 they donate to me before I go. I need to roll that out this week if I am going to do it. I put up signs at work and sent all my co-workers an email. Two people have donated, and two more say they will. I also got another large donation on the gofundme account.
b. Physical
1) Work out three times. Walked on the treadmill twice.
           
I think that I really need to cut back on some of these goals, and concentrate on what really needs to get done. Some of this is just going to have to wait until I get back from Africa and have caught up on my sleep!

1. READING
a. Read and comment on my weekly assigned blog posts as a ROW80 sponsor.
b. Read 100 pages of “Shantarm”.
2. WRITING
a. Write two blog posts here and three posts to my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles
b. Edit 13 chapters of my novel, Jenny’s Story. If I do 10 chapters a week (and since I did only seven last week, I am three behind), I can finish it before I leave for Kenya.
c. Give my novel a better name than Jenny’s Story.
d. Not do anything on my new novel, the working name of which is The Abbey. I sure hope I can make this goal! I just think I have too much going on right now, so this needs to wait until I get back.  
3. REACHING
a. How about if I post one update on each of my social media. And that’s it. I need to take a break from this I think.
4. PERSONAL
a. Nonprofit organization (which right now is all about my trip to Kenya in October)
            1) Visit one more friend who raises chickens.
2) Read a couple chapters in the book I just downloaded to my Kindle on raising chickens.
3) Post a go-fund-me page update.
4) Message our Kenyan contact Izzo just to say, hey, can’t wait to see ya.
b. Physical
            1) Work out three times.
c. Church
            1) Get mentors for the college kids and military enlistees from our church.

And that should about do it. We also have another (our fourth in a year!) out-of-town wedding next weekend, so that might slow me down a bit. We’ll see.


Have a great week. Power through those goals. This Round is winding down already!
My husband's brother's family at his nephew's wedding in Dallas in June. Glad we at least only had to fly to one of these weddings. 

3 comments:

  1. Well, with Africa on the horizon, I'd say anything else can wait...but I know that 'get it all done' feeling, too - I had it before we went to Oregon last February.

    The chicken-visiting sounds like fun, and the knowledge will no doubt be useful in Kenya.

    In case I don't get back to visit you beforehand, I wish you safe, productive,and amazing travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always feels like there so much to do before a big trip or project. You'll do fine!

    Sending you good vibes for an awesome week!!

    ReplyDelete