Wednesday, July 20, 2016

no dents yet

Here it is Wednesday night already. When I posted my goals for this Round on Sunday night, I was so proud of myself for coming up with such a concise list. And here we are a couple days later and I’m wondering what I have to show for myself.

I have done some editing on the novel, up through chapter 8, only 31 left to go. But that’s really about it. I hoped by Wednesday to have something big and exciting to share – ok, maybe not exciting, but something so I can say, “ah, ha, look at what I got done.”

I just don’t know where my evenings go. I didn’t get home from the day job until 7:30 Monday night and 6:30 tonight. Last night, I don’t remember, but I did get home early enough and with enough energy left to run a little bit outside on my trails in the woods. That’s always refreshing. But tonight, besides being rather late, it was warm out. Comfortably warm and pleasant for sitting on the deck, but too humid for a lot of physical activity.

Anyway, I will somehow still power through this week and have great things to report come Sunday morning. Even though I am going out of town on Friday to work at a Compassion event. Life’s too short to just be wrapped up in my own meager goals. There is a bigger picture out there. What if I get one caring person to sponsor a Compassion kid in Uganda and because of that support, that kid is able to graduate from high school and go off to college and become a doctor and return to his or her entire community and improve the lives of hundreds of children. Who knows. It’s like a ripple on the water. It can only expand.

In the meantime, I will keep plugging along, making what dents in my list of goals that I can.
My Compassion girl, making as much difference in my life as I am making in hers. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the end. If you did nothing else, that event would make a difference.

    You've made progress. Maybe no fanfare yet, but progress adds up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge believer in "little bits" because ... well, would you believe a childhood love of rocks, minerals and geology? I know how little drops of water do more to break through a rock than a huge wave. Over time the little drops as long as they are well focused can break a window through a wall to let in light far better than the diverse force of a crashing wave that might just topple everything.

    ReplyDelete