Sunday, July 9, 2017

Taking Baby Steps

All right, here I am, trying to get back on track and actually plot my goals each week and reach some of them. Here’s what I had hoped to accomplish this week. As in the past, highlighted in green is achieved, in yellow is at least worked on, and red print is not even looked at.

1)    Write 500 words per night for four nights. I wrote 751 words one night and 418 another and that’s it.
2)    Finalize the Press Kit. I can’t say it’s finalized but it’s pretty close.
3)    Research venues for book signings and / or readings. I reviewed the venues I had previously researched and did write up a tentative email to them. I just need to get the release date from my publisher and then I will contact them.  
4)    Non-writing things to do:
a.     I need to secure some speaking engagements and / or craft sales for the Nonprofit. Notta.
b.     I’d like to sew at least half of the new scrub top. Nuts, all I did was cut it out. That really shouldn’t count for much, but I seem to be on a yellow roll.  
c.       Scan another dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer. So very close, but I have to stick with yellow on this one too as I only scanned nine of them.

Yikes, that is way too much yellow and not much of anything else. Let’s try this again.
1)    Write 500 words per night for five nights.
2)    Polish the Press Kit.
3)    Finalize list of venues for book signings and / or readings. Email them if I get a release date from my publisher.
4)    Non-writing things to do:
a.     Contact one venue about a speaking engagements and / or craft sale for the Nonprofit.
b.     Sew that scrub top which I cut out last week.
c.      Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer.


I’m not going to add to that short list. I need to take baby steps. 
My newest grand-baby taking those baby steps with a really big toy. 

1 comment: