Sunday, August 20, 2017

are things going swimmingly for you?

Ok, well, I’m looking at the goals I had for myself and it’s not even worth repeating them here. If you follow me on Facebook or read my other blog, you may already know why. People have told me that passing a kidney stone is like having a baby. Not even close. I popped my kids out in six hours and three hours, respectfully. This stupid stone is hanging on like there’s no tomorrow.

I slept pretty much two entire days this past week, but rallied enough to travel with Hubby and the Dog for two other days. Checked the internet on my phone every day, but completely skipped going on the laptop a couple days. 

I know I need to get it together this week, but with a family picnic at my house next Sunday, I don’t think much except yard work and house work is going to get done.

Yet, I’m going to try to do this: 
1)    Continue monitoring the situation on “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” – returning emails and Facebook messages from interested parties and naturally jumping if I hear of a potential venue for a book signing.  
2)    Stop checking the book’s ranking on Amazon several times a day. Stop obsessing about how few reviews I have.  
3)    Write three thousand words on the new novel.
4)    Pick a better working title for the new novel. I have waffled between “The Novitiate” and “The Abbey” and “The Big House”, but none of them does anything for me. In my head, sometimes I call it “Where the River Runs Red”, but not only has that already been done, it’s almost too close to my first novel. I will think on it.
5) Work on two items to submit:           
a) favorite quote and reflection for work calendar, Sept 15 deadline
                        b) poem on aging, Oct 20 deadline
6) Non-writing things to do:
a. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer.
b. Wash three of my house’s windows. I did wash one window yesterday. I can’t imagine finishing them all by the picnic, but at least need to wash the ones in the public areas.  

How are your goals coming along? Swimmingly? Are you ready to get back at it after a summer vacation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment