Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Getting things rolling

Here is an unexpected mid-week post. I haven’t done too much on the list of goals I posted on Sunday, but things have been going on that I wanted to share.

A dear writer-friend, Beth Camp, posted an author interview of me and my novel on her blog. I so appreciate it and wanted to send her out another thank you.

I’m also up to six reviews of it on Amazon, all five stars and I wanted to give a shout-out to those kind people as well. The release date for the paper version is this Friday, so my marketing efforts will step up a notch then. I just so badly want to have that physical copy in my hands before I go too crazy with promotion.

Regarding our nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers, we had a sale on our Etsy Store. That’s always exciting, especially when it comes from out of nowhere. Like so many other things on the internet, there are so many vendors on Etsy that it’s hard to rise to the top and get noticed.

We updated the Tumaini website a few weeks ago and now are working on finalizing a new logo and business cards.

Finally, it’s been two weeks since I worked on the new novel. I pulled it up tonight, took an inventory of it and have set the bar at finishing the rough draft by October 13. That means an average of 500 words a night, which will be more like 1500 words a couple times a week, but I want to keep it all in perspective. I just wrote a 310 word scene on it, before I decided to write this quick post.

Yup, time to move on and get things rolling.

Hope you are having a good week as well. 
You know how I always have to include a picture. This is the first one that bounced up when I opened my file of pictures. My daughter took it while she was in Kenya for six months in 2010. I love this picture. Always reminds me that we all need friends and it doesn't matter who they are. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture!

    I think your goal is very doable. Five hundred words a day is not too much or too little. Goods luck with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin, for the support. I don't always get the time to write every day, but I think an average of 500 a day will work.

      Delete
  2. Love that picture! You can't exactly say 'birds of a feather . . . ' Congrats on checking in AND getting a plan for that next project. Sometimes I think we make long lists and then feel bad when we don't accomplish everything. You got MUCH DONE this week! Congratulations on your PB release date. It won't be too long before that PB is in your hands. And thank you for the thank you. Forward we go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Beth. This is why I posted mid-week - had to share the good news of getting stuff done.

      And all of the pictures I've got from Kenya, this is still one of my favorites!

      Delete