Sunday, January 14, 2018

Makeover

Last week, I only worked a couple hours at the day job on Monday. I had hoped to come home early and get lots done, but I kinda took the day off all together, and I am just going to be okay with that. Then we went to church on Monday night, my daughter and I had facials on Friday and I worked Saturday morning. Then there was the whole issue I had with Microsoft Word, which I’m not going to dredge up again. It totally side-tracked me, but I will make up for it next week.

So here are last week's goals. Goals fully achieved are highlighted in green, those attempted are highlighted in yellow, and those not even looked at are in red letters.

A. WRITING
1. Finish the initial edit/read-through of “The Truth Beyond the River”. I was really slacking on this all week, but I stayed up late Friday night and got through the rest of it.
2. I’ve had an idea for another book for a while (well, actually like four of them, but this one is speaking to me), so I might start working on that – outlining the characters and such. Really? What was I thinking?
3. Write three posts to the “Dino Chronicles”. Done.

B. REACHING
1. Read four other blogs and comment on two of them. Hmm? I think I read five and commented on at least two, if not three.
2. Start researching literary agents to contact. I kind of hunted around on the internet. No one jumped up and said, “pick me, pick me!” But I may have some contenders.
3. Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”. No. Let’s just say ‘no’. I can’t remember if I did anything with it, pretty sure I didn’t.

C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Up to date.
2. Daily read “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee”. Yep.
3. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. Yep.   

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Exercise four mornings a week. I think so.
b. Work out three evenings a week. I’m pretty sure I did. Maybe actually it was four evenings.
c. Cut back on sweets and increase water intake.  Increased water intake, not so sure about cutting back on sweets.
d. Bonus! Several co-workers and I decided to take two or three breaks throughout the work day to do some stretching and strengthening and 2-minute-cardio. So I did that two or three times three days last week.  
2. Home fires
a. Sort through those boxes of Mom’s old pictures so that when I do scan them, I can do it quickly and efficiently. Didn’t do much with the boxes, but did scan eight pictures.
b. Finish the new scrub top. Done. You will have to wait til next week for the picture of me modeling it.
a. Work on the Procedure Manual. Pretty much just worked some more on the outline.
b. Write a tentative itinerary for Medical Outreach trip in the Fall. Nope.
c. Post four items for sale on Etsy. Posted three things on Etsy, but already had a buyer for one of them, so I think that counts for the fourth thing.

On Sundays, I usually get the housework done, along with scratching off a few things on my list of weekly goals. Today, however, I may be sidetracked by a retirement party I’m going to in the afternoon. Hopefully I won’t be gone long, but one never knows. Other than that I don’t think I have too much going on this week. But again, one never knows.  

A. WRITING
1. Type 5,000 words of “No Body Found”. I think I mentioned before that I have most of the story printed out from an ancient computer, so need to get it in my laptop.  
2. Write three posts to the “Dino Chronicles”.

B. REACHING
            1. Read four other blogs and comment on two of them.
            2. Continue researching literary agents to contact.
3. Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”. I think that instead of continuing to jam this down people’s throats, I need to make it more appealing, offer my readers something instead of just wanting them to give me something. Duh, and I know I’ve read that in marketing articles, it’s just a matter of looking it at that way.
a. Share an excerpt of the book on Social Media.
b. Put a quote of the book on one of my pictures from Kenya and share that on Social Media.
c. Email that excerpt and quote to my email list.
d. Research Mail Chimp. I’ve been manually emailing friends and family separately and personally each time, but maybe should look at ways of being more efficient.   

C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible.
2. Daily read “Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee”.
3. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”.  

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Exercise four mornings a week.
            b. Work out three evenings a week.
c. Do the two-minute drill at work at least twice a day all four days I am at work.
d. Cut back on sweets and increase water intake, by taking a big drink of water before I eat any goodies. Fill myself up with water so those sweets aren’t so appealing.   
2. Home fires
a. Pick out two dozen old pictures to scan. Snap a picture of them if I get a sunny day.  
b. Take down the Christmas tree. (Yes, it is still up. I was going to at least de-decorate it last week, but that didn’t even happen.)
a. Work on the Procedure Manual.
b. Write a tentative itinerary for Medical Outreach in the Fall.
c. Post two items for sale on Etsy.

Hope you all are having a good New Year and are beginning to attack your own goals. 
 Before the makeup makeover, above. And after, with my daughter, below. I don't know. At the time, I saw a big difference, but now after studying these pictures (and trying to pick the best ones out of seven), I can't tell so much. I know that the lighting is different in the before and after and that makes a big difference right there. I just never know if the whole makeup thing is worth it. 

4 comments:

  1. You look amazing! And you got lots done!

    I use Mailchimp. It is pretty easy to use, and it's free until you hit 2000 subscribers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. I just signed up for Mailchimp. Looks like a nightmare to me. I don't know when I'll have time to figure it. Oh, well.

      Delete
  2. Wow so much done! What's your secret?
    Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to see how life gets in the way, but somehow, Chris, I think you're generally finding ways to poke along and get things done. It's a process.. and a series of small steps.

    I think what I see in the two pics, beyond lighting, is that your eyes seem wider and lighter in color (no doubt a trick of the makeup with the light or just the expression you're making). Beyond that... it's not a big difference.

    Then again, that's what a good makeup job does. Accents without disguising or altering

    ReplyDelete