Monday, January 1, 2018

Return to the Four R's

I did all right, over all, on last year’s goals. As usual, the first of January brings with it the desire to get more organized, set some new goals in stone and pound out a plan to bring them to fruition. I decided to return to a format I used a few years ago – the four R’s (or Wr’s).

Writing and reading are pretty self-explanatory. Reaching means any kind of promotion, anything I do which gets me and my writing out there. Remaining is for all the other things I need to do in my life for balance and just because I have other things to do to keep that life rolling.

I have a separate list for the entire year (which I shared yesterday), but for the sake of brevity (and to keep your interest), I’ll only post my weekly goals here.    

A.    WRITING
1.     Edit six chapters of “The Truth Beyond the River”.
2.     Write three posts to the “Dino Chronicles”.

B.    REACHING
1.     Read four other blogs and comment on two of them.
2.     Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”.
a.     Finish emailing my contact list asking for reviews.
b.     Share the book on my social media.

C.     READING
1.     Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible.
2.     Daily read “Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee”.

D.    REMAINING
1.     Physical
a.     Exercise four mornings a week.
b.     Work out three evenings a week.
c.      Cut back on sweets. 
2.     Home fires
a.     Scan a dozen old pictures.
b.     Work on the new scrub top.
3.     Tumaini Volunteers
a.     Start writing the Procedure Manual.
b.     Write a tentative itinerary for Medical Outreach in the Fall.

I’m keeping the list short until I get back in the swing of things. I had the week between Christmas and New Year’s off from the day job, so it’s going to be a shock to my system to go back to work tomorrow. I probably won’t feel up to doing much with my evenings this week. However, I do have today. I’ll try to make the most of it.

Hope you do too. Best wishes for a productive new year. 
It helps to be organized. This picture is from the school at the SIDP camp where we work in Kenya. Short and sweet, the schedule for each day. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you used to do the 4Rs(Wrs). They did seem to work well for you. Hopefully you'll find that magic again.

    Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee was... quite the book. It's been years since I read it, and there are always glimpses in the news or even locally that remind me of that book. An interesting world it brought alive...

    ReplyDelete