Sunday, December 31, 2017

Goals for 2018

I’m going to make this short and sweet today, saving the longer post and explanations for tomorrow, the first of the year. Here are the total goals I want to achieve by the end of 2018.

WRITING     
1)    Start and finish editing “The Truth Beyond the River”.
2)    Start and finish editing “Finding Justice”.
3)    Finish typing “No Body Found”. I started this piece in the early 1990’s and have most of it typed already on paper, so just need to put it in the ol’ laptop.
4)    Start writing the next novel. Not sure which one it will be, as I have four ideas in my head. I’ll see which one comes to the top first.
5)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles”.
6)    Continue posting once a week here.
REACHING
1)    Find an agent.
2)    Publish “The Truth Beyond the River”.
3)    Submit twelve pieces.
4)    Have 40 reviews of “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”.
READING
1)    Read twelve books.
2)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them.
REMAINING
                1)    Do a medical outreach in Kenya.
                2)    Write a Procedure Manual for Tumaini Volunteers.
                3)    Empty one box of old pictures.  There are three boxes and a stack of photo albums to go through, so this would at least make a dent.
                4)    Get in the best shape of my life. I’m not happy that this is so vague, but I will work on it, literally.    
                5)    Get my house in the best shape of its life. Again, way too vague, but too bad.

That’s it for now. It looks ambitious, but I have 365 days to do it. Watch for tomorrow’s post and the start of the weekly list of goals to tackle. I’ll keep the above list on the top of this file, though, to help keep me focused for the year.


Have a great day, stay warm and be safe. 
Never know what I'll find next 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting today when so many of us are being drawn to consider what we were able to do last year -- and what may be possible for the years to come. I really like your categories. The list may be long, but you have a forgiving heart! May 2018 bring you much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals. You certainly will achieve them all.

    ReplyDelete