Sunday, December 10, 2017

and she's taken out be a simple cold

This past week, I worked until seven Monday night at the day job (day job til seven at night? Doesn’t that make it the evening job too?) and helped decorate our church on Wednesday night. But I had hoped to get more done the rest of the nights and days. As it was, a cold erupted in my system on Thursday morning. I never get sick – NEVER – as in, I’ll maybe get a tickle in my throat or runny nose for a day or two once every two or three years. I know that my immune system has been down the entire year of 2017, due to stress and it’s all a downward spiral. I’m hoping that 2018 finds me suddenly rejuvenated. I’ve decided that I’m going to try to take the entire week off from the day job between Christmas and New Year’s to really get myself back on track.

Anyway, as you can imagine, I hate being sick, so I pretty much shut down and have been a complete whiner the last three days. Hoping to get myself together by the end of the day today.

Here’s what I managed to pull off last week. Green highlights mean I fully achieved what I set out to do, yellow highlights mean I at least attempted it, red letters mean I didn’t even attempt.   

1)    Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” two times.
a.     Shared the 99 cent ebook deal on all my social media
b.     Applied to be a guest on a podcast.
2)    Promote my two Christmas devotionals two times.  
a.     Shared the two devotionals on all my social media once.
3) Write 2,000 words on the new WIP, “Now For Something Totally Different”. I wrote 1,092 words (just over half of the goal, for those you who are more observant than I am).
4) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Done.
5) Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Read five and commented on four.  
6) Non-writing things to do:
a.  Bake a batch of Christmas cookies, coz, you know, it’s that time of year. With this virus in my head, I thought it prudent to avoid dealing with any food which others might ingest.
b. Take my Kinship kid Christmas shopping. She is not technically my Kinship kid anymore coz she has graduated from high school, but I told her a long time ago that she is never going to get rid of me and I haven’t seen her in probably six months. Took her and my daughter shopping. I love seeing them together, acting like sisters. Had a great time.
c. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer. Scanned 14 of my old pictures.
d. Do three things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers.
            1] Promote the event Monday night.
2] Promote the sale on the 16th.
e. Bonus points: I updated one of the email accounts that I monitor for a state organization I am part of. I need to do one more this coming week.   

Getting close to the homestretch of Christmas now. Two more weeks! Can I get everything on this list done this week, along with all the other things I need to do?

1) Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” two times.
2) Promote my two Christmas devotionals two times. 
3) Write 2,000 words on the new WIP, “Now For Something Totally Different”.
4) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.
5) Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.
6) Non-writing things to do:
a.  Bake a couple batches of Christmas cookies.
b. Scan a dozen old pictures into the computer.
c. Update that second email account for the state.
d. Do five things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers.
                        1] Work on the event at Basils tomorrow.   
                        2] Promote the sale on the 16th.
                        3] Work at the sale on the 16th.  
                        4] Make up an agenda for the meeting on the 17th.
                        5] Set up a new Schwans Cares Campaign.

Shoot, I’m looking at that list, thinking, what am I thinking? I’ll be at that event out of town on Monday until late. I have an Essential Oils party on Wednesday (again, what am I thinking? I don’t have time to get into Essential Oils). I have an appointment for an annual exam on Friday morning (this time I am thinking – let’s get all this medical nonsense taken care of now, so 2018 can be the year of good health, hence the interest in Essential Oils). After that appointment, I’m getting the oil changed and tires rotated on the car. I’ll head to my daughter’s first thing in the morning on Saturday, work that sale, then spend the night with her as we have a board meeting first thing Sunday morning. What am I thinking? When I should take it easy this week so I fully recover from this cold, right? Oh, well, tis the season for craziness.

How is your Holiday Season panning out? Finding yourself way too busy? 
My Kinship Kid Ciaara last spring at her art show. Disappointed that I didn't get a picture of her with my daughter. 

4 comments:

  1. You did great considering you've been sick. I hope you feel better soon.

    I've been using an Essential Oil that's supposedly good for nerve pain — cobaida oil, I think? It worked beautifully the first time I used it, but not as good the second time. More data is needed before I render a verdict. I have heard good things about Essential Oils, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people who swear by essential oils. Yesterday, I was talking to our nurse practitioner and even she thought there was some good in most of them. I will see what I come up with at that class this wednesday night.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a pretty good week despite being busy and sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got sick too!!! What is the universe telling us? Can't your list grow a little shorter, you know, like that new Matt Damon movie, Downsizing? But that time with your daughter and kinship kid sounds like it was truly nurturing. How about some peppermint tea? Be well.

    ReplyDelete