Sunday, December 3, 2017

Family, Friends and a sprinkle of color

 I had a busy week again last week and when I wasn’t busy, I don’t know where the time went. Friday afternoon, as Hubby and I were Christmas shopping, my friend from Minnesota messaged me asking if she could come up for the weekend. Of course, I said, get in the car and drive on over! She didn’t get here til yesterday afternoon and is leaving later this morning. But between that and spending Friday with Hubby, I didn’t have much time left. But as I am sure I mentioned before, Hubby and Friends are both more important than any other goals.

Here’s what I did get done. Green highlights mean I fully achieved what I set out to do, yellow highlights mean I at least attempted it, red letters mean any attempts were a failure.  

1)    Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” three times. Hmm? I think maybe once. I’m pretty sure. I had to, right? (So, you get no color at all for this one!)
2)    Promote my two Christmas devotionals. As we begin to cruise into the Christmas season, I may have an easier time getting these sold.
a.     Shared both books on my social media once.
3)    Speaking of the old books, I have only around a dozen of each of the three of them on hand. I ordered 20 of each of them from my publisher yesterday morning. 
4) Write 2,000 words on the new WIP, “Now For Something Totally Different”. Wrote 2,607 words.
5) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Done.
6) Read five other blogs and comment on three of them. Hmm? I think I only read four and commented on two.
7) Non-writing things to do:
a. Decorate the house for Christmas. Did it last Sunday afternoon, except for the tree.
b. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer. Only scanned eight, and they were actually only three of Mom’s class pictures and the rest were mine from school.
c. Do three things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers.
            1] Promoted Giving Tuesday on November 28.
2] Worked on last year’s finances with my son and last year’s rabbit project with my daughter. I’m counting this as one, because my daughter had an ulterior motive for doing the rabbit report which had nothing to do with the nonprofit.
3] Oh, hold it, just thought of something else. My daughter confirmed an event for us on December 11, so I plotted a little with her on that. (And both #2 and 3 get yellow because really it was my kids who did the work, I just tagged along.)

Bonus Point: I planned and finalized our first ever family vacation since the kids have become adults. Can’t wait to get away with them next spring.

I was a little heavy on the yellow, so was pretty pleased with myself when I remembered this bonus accomplishment.

Can I add some more color, hopefully green, next week?
1) Promote the new book, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” two times.
2) Promote my two Christmas devotionals two times.  
3) Write 2,000 words on the new WIP, “Now For Something Totally Different”.
4) Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles.
5) Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.
6) Non-writing things to do:
a.  Bake a batch of Christmas cookies, coz, you know, it’s that time of year.
b. Take my Kinship kid Christmas shopping. She is not technically my Kinship kid anymore coz she has graduated from high school, but I told her a long time ago that she is never going to get rid of me and I haven’t seen her in probably six months.
c. Scan a dozen of my mom’s old pictures into the computer.
d. Do three things for the nonprofit, Tumaini Volunteers.
            1] Work on the event at Basils on the 11th
            2] Promote the sale on the 16th.
Hope you have a good week. As we power towards Christmas and the end of the year, let’s all get those goals out of the way so we can enjoy the holidays with Family and Friends. 
Speaking of friends, here I am in kindergarten. Too bad I don't remember any of these kids. 
That be me in the center, looking thrilled. 

5 comments:

  1. For being so busy there's a good bit of green and yellow there. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you cheated yourself out of green on your writing...2,607 words is well above the 2K goal. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that. I had thought my goal was 3,000 words! I had an error on my other blog yesterday as well, which a friend pointed out to me. I guess I was half-asleep yesterday!

      Delete
  3. I see a lot of bright "come one spring, hurry up" color there. And with us floating on toward the darkest day of the year in the northern hemisphere, it's just lovely. Thanks for the smiles, Chris. Glad to see you're making steady progress. Have a lovely time with Hubby and friends... you're right, THEY matter the most

    ReplyDelete