Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Mid-week News

I don’t usually post mid-week, for two reasons. I simply don’t have the time, and I never get much accomplished between posting on Sunday and Wednesday morning. This week, however, I do have something to say, so decided I would take the time.

In May of 2014, I submitted a short piece to Our Wisconsin Magazine. They emailed me back at the time, saying they had received the piece and would notify me if they would use it. After about six months, I put it on the “rejected” list, along with a long list of other masterfully constructed stories, articles and poems which had yet to find their place in the world.

When I got home from work this past Monday, Hubby said there was a message I should listen to. The editor of Our Wisconsin Magazine had called to say they still had my article and were interested in using it. And did I have any photos to go along with it?

I knew just the pictures I wanted to use – one from 1967 and one from 1969 – so I immediately emailed them.

Tuesday morning, they emailed me back that they had the pictures, but could I rescan them at a better definition – or something. I was certainly game to try that, except there were two problems. 1) My scanner has not been working the last few weeks, which I think I already mentioned someplace on this blog. And 2) I had scanned those pictures a few years ago and had no idea where I had put the originals.

I spent several hours last night in search of those pictures, which had to be in one of those boxes with all the rest of the old pictures. Incredibly, I found the pictures a third of the way into the first box.

Which gets me back to problem #1. Coz nothing is ever easy. I’ve really tried everything I can to get my scanner to work. It prints and it makes copies, but when I try to scan, I get a pop up saying the scanner’s not connected. If I don’t get it working by Friday morning, I will have to see if my daughter can scan them for me.

I will overcome this set-back. And will let you know when the article is printed – with pictures.
Not one of those pictures, but the others are of this same camper. 

1 comment:

  1. This is great news, Chris. Congrats *crosses fingers for easy scanning*... maybe a local library has a scanner you could use (some in our system allow you to sign them out for a week)

    ReplyDelete