Sunday, February 25, 2018

Pictures and Projects



 As I am writing this, I look out my window and see a ga-ton of snow. We had four inches Thursday night and another four last night. All on top of the two feet or so we already had. Spring cannot come soon enough.
(That's my window with the circle around it.)

Since I’m not into winter sports, just take a walk through my woods every day, this winter weather should at least keep me busy at my computer, right? Once again, I don’t know where the week went. Getting up at four this morning was the only thing that saved me, as I powered through a bunch of stuff.

Here are last week’s goals. Green highlight is goal accomplished, yellow highlight is goal at least worked on, red lettering is goal not even attempted.  

A. WRITING
1. Finish the chapter by chapter summary of “The Truth Beyond the River”. The main thing I did when I got up at four this morning, but I finished it.
2. Finish writing the proposal for “The Truth”. Finished the rough draft of it. Was originally going to give this a yellow highlight, but the rough draft isn’t too bad, shouldn’t take too much more work.
3. Write three posts on the “Dino Chronicles”. Done.
4. Outline the newest project I have had in my head. I wrote up a few notes on it, can’t really call it an outline.  
5. Bonus: Wrote a poem for Voices on the Wind poetry journal. Deadline isn’t until April 20 and the theme is voices on quandary.

B. REACHING
1. Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.  Read seven other blogs and commented on four of them.
2. Send that finished proposal to that chosen literary agent. Just finished the rough draft on Friday, so want to let it ferment a bit more before sending it off.   
3. Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand” in one totally painless way. Once again, I sent a blurb on the book to my new followers on LinkedIn. I also asked three followers to write a review, which by the way, they have yet to do for me.

C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Somehow, I got a day behind on this. Oops.
2. Daily read “Paw Enforcement”, a light novel I picked up a while back. Yup. But, man, I read so slow. I should have powered through this book by now, but I’m not quite half-way done.
3. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. Yup. I got myself in the habit of reading it before I even get out of bed in the morning.  

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Do something physical twice every day. I was good some days, and others not so much.
b. Cut back on sweets. Same as the exercise thing.
c. Increase water intake. I really tried, and that’s all a girl can do.
2. Home fires
a. Snap pictures of two dozen old photos.  I got the pictures in my computer, but I can’t say I finished this task as I haven’t labeled or organized them.
b. Finish the small sewing project I started the week before. Done. And is a success, as pictured below.  
a. Work on the procedure manual. Nope.
b. Post two items for sale on Etsy. Posted one.

On to next week.  

A. WRITING
1. Finish polishing the proposal for “The Truth”.    
2. Go through “The Truth” again, as I am sure there are still typos.
3. Write three posts for the “Dino Chronicles”.
4. Work on the next project, whether it is the one I started to outline last week or one of the four others I have started previously.

B. REACHING
1. Read five other blogs and comment on three of them.  
            2. Send that polished proposal to that chosen literary agent.  
3. Promote “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”. Let’s work on this some more.  
            a. Message each new LinkedIn contact about the book.
            b. Ask three followers to write a review.

C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible.
2. Daily read “Paw Enforcement”. Get ¾ of the way through it. Am currently about half.  
3. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. 

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Do something physical twice every day.
b. Cut back on sweets.
c. Increase water intake. 
2. Home fires
a. Snap pictures of two dozen old photos. 
b. Finish yet another small sewing project I started yesterday.  
a. Work on the procedure manual.
b. Post a blurb on all our social media.

Other than that, I’m just going to wait for the snow to melt. The highs are supposed to be in the thirties most of the coming week, so let’s hope.
I sewed a travel bag for our rainmate air purifier. 
It's also doubles as white noise when we're sleeping, so is a must-have in a hotel. 
The bag includes pockets for the bottles of smelly stuff too. 



3 comments:

  1. Holy...that's a lot of snow! We have a dusting here on the east coast, if that.

    Great job on the writing and getting your work out there! That's awesome. I love that travel bag, so bright and fun! You've had a busy week!

    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is usual for us for snowfall. It starts off slow - not too much on the ground. Then we wake up one day in February and it's like "where did all this stuff come from?"

      Delete
  2. That bag looks like you're ready for spring, Chris!

    And you've had a pretty good week, it looks like, with lots of things percolating, too. Nice!

    ReplyDelete