Sunday, July 29, 2018

Crunch Time - six days

Ok, it’s crunch-time. The wedding we are hosting at our house is next Saturday already. I knew when we started planning this six weeks ago that the time would fly. I just thought that there would maybe be more hours in the day this last month and a half and that going out of town for fun three times in the last month wouldn’t have any bearing on our to-do list.  

So, here I am today, posting that wedding to-do list, with my usual green-highlight as complete and well, the rest has to get done by the wedding. It just has to and it will.

Sometime this week (or last):
-           Hem the bride’s dress
-           Wash windows – dining room, kitchen, laundry, living room
-           Buy decorations
-           Make signs for road so people can find our house
-           Put names on the mailbox which is really the card-box
-           Make up bed in guest room (as we will have overnight guests)
-           Wash bathroom rugs
-           Clean out frig
On Friday:
-           Make potato salad
-           Make macaroni salad
-           Vacuum thru house
-           Clean bathrooms
On Saturday:
-           Boss everyone around as they set everything up
-           Boss everyone around the rest of the day, because somebody has to make sure this comes off without a hitch

Of course, this is only my list. Hubby’s is just as long. Don’t know what we were thinking, but talking to the bride again yesterday, well, I wish I could do more to help her out.

I’ll try to post a quick update Wednesday. And the final tally next Sunday. With pictures!

The fake flowers I bought yesterday for $2. I already had the glass bottles. Cheap table decorations and more importantly, took minutes to put together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment