Sunday, July 15, 2018

Off to a slow start


Oh, boy, here I am, posting very late in the evening, at least for me. It’s bedtime, for pete’s sake.

I didn’t get much done this week. Thursday morning, Hubby and I headed to Lifest, the Christian music festival we’ve been going to every year. I also woke up that morning with a cold. I had hoped to get some stuff done on my laptop after we got back to the hotel each night, but I was so beat. As the picture shows, I was beat in between performers too. No worries, though, this cold has only got a few days left to have control of my head and my chest, and then I will get back at it.

Green highlight is goal accomplished (right! Like that happened this week), yellow highlight is goal at least worked on, red lettering is goal not even attempted.

A. WRITING
1. Finish another edit of my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.” Got through chapter 9, so a decent start.   
2. Continue tweaking my book proposal / query, as needed for each literary agent I intend to contact next. Nadda.   
3. Write nine chapters on my next novel, which I am giving the working title of “New Old Spies.”  Nadda again.
4. Write two inspirational pieces for the page-a-day calendar at my work.  Hmm? Should I say it again? Nadda.   
5. Write two posts per week for my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Hmm? I only posted one.   
B. REACHING
1. Send proposals / queries to the next agents on my list.  Not yet.
2. Submit the two inspirational pieces to my work calendar. Not yet.  
3. Promote myself or a piece of my writing (whether it be promoting one of my books, submitting a piece somewhere, saying something brilliant about my writing on my social media, etc.) once a week. Oh, boy, finally some green. The publisher of my novel, “Where the Sky Meets the Sky”, is offering it as an e-book for the month of July, so I posted that on all my social media.

C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Yes.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. Yes.
3. Read five other people’s blog posts per week. Read two.    
4. Finish reading three books. I finished reading “A Boy from Bustina”, the amazing true story of a Holocaust survivor, and started reading “Emma” by Jane Austen, of all things.      

D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Increase my water intake, averaging 60 ounces per day. With this cold, I have been drinking non-stop.
b. Lose five pounds and three inches around my waist. Do I even have to make a note of this each week, coz it’s gonna be depressing.  
c. Exercise four mornings a week and three evenings a week. Hmm? I think it was three mornings and two evenings.  
2. Home fires
a. Scan 100 of my mom’s pictures. None yet.
b. Wash all of my house’s windows.   Washed my bedroom windows.   
c. Do a major cleaning of one of my closets. Not yet.   
d. Host my brother-in-law’s wedding at my house on August 4.   
3. Tumaini Volunteers
a. Write the Policy and Procedure manual. Not yet.
b. Host two merchandise sales. Not yet, but have one on August 4 (you may notice that is the day of the wedding at my house, I know, what am I thinking? Well, we do have other board members, you know, and I gotta let some of this go.)
c. Do a thorough inventory of our current merchandise. Not yet.
d. Apply for grants. Not yet.
e. Raise enough money ($5,000) to start the first segment of the community center. What am I thinking with this goal???

Hope you are all off to a better start to this Round than I am. Enjoy the summer weather, wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. Even with a cold, you surrounded yourself with music, a lovely trip, AND progress on those goals. Sounds all good to me!

    ReplyDelete