Sunday, October 14, 2018

hitting it out of the park

Two exciting things happened to me this week.

First, I found an editor for my newest novel, “The Truth Beyond the River.” I met her eight years ago, so she should know enough about me that she should realize what she is getting herself into. I’m positive she will do a fantastic job.

And second. I won’t go into any detail, because it would just take up too much space, but I was contacted by a woman asking if she could put me on the speaker’s bureau listing for her organization’s zone. I told you I won’t go into detail on it, and there’s only the smallest chance this will turn into something, but I still feel honored to be on a LIST.

 So without further ado, here are my weekly goals with the appropriate coloration. If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue and then drop it off the list next time I post. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but I will do it all over again next week, I’ll highlight it in green and keep it on the list. The usual yellow highlight is goal at least worked on and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail. If there is no color at all, it’s a goal I just couldn’t work on for whatever lame reason. If new goals are added, they will be clearly marked as NEW GOAL.

A. WRITING
1. Write two posts for my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Done, three actually. I had cut this back to two posts a week, so I could work on other things, but I have enough stuff to write about, that I think I can up it back to three a week.
2. Write a chapter on my new novel, “New Old Spies.” I wrote two chapters!
B. REACHING
1. Promote myself or a piece of my writing (whether it be promoting one of my books, submitting a piece somewhere, saying something brilliant about my writing on my social media, etc.). I posted an event to my author’s Facebook page regarding a book signing I will be having on November 10.
2. Contact three businesses about doing book signings or speaking engagements. I emailed three churches and also heard back from the coffee shop I had contacted about a book signing. The book signing will be November 16 – yeah! I haven’t heard from any of the churches, but there is also the other news I posted above about the speaker’s bureau. But I will still keep contacting three churches or other businesses per week. Until . . .
3. Secure three book signings or speaking engagements. NEW GOAL.
C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Done.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. Done.
3. Read five other people’s blog posts and comment on two of them. Read two and commented on one.
4. Finish reading “The Reunion” by Dan Walsh. Done.
5. Finish half of the next book I started, “Till the Storm Passes By.” NEW GOAL.
D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Increase my water intake, averaging 60 ounces per day. Working on it.   
b. Exercise four mornings a week and three evenings. I exercised five morning and I believe three evenings. I’m going to up this to five mornings next week as I am usually able to get that in.    
2. Home fires
a. Wash the windows in my office. Ok, this is coming off the list next week. There is no warm and dry enough weather in the ten day forecast and by then we will be pushing into November already.
b. Clean my three drawers of the four drawer file cabinet in my office. Done.
c. Scan 20 old pictures. Not.
d. Sew my Halloween costume. Yikes! I don't have much time; good thing it's an easy one. NEW GOAL. 
a. Promote TV on all of our social media. I reposted that lengthy blog post about our upcoming project and pleading for donations. Up to 700 views of it. We’ve gotten over $400 in donations off of it.  I also added a picture to our Facebook event of the craft sale we have a booth at on November 10.
b. Attend meeting today where we try to figure out how to raise more money or if this is even worthwhile anymore. NEW GOAL.

Looks like it had been a pretty good week. I don’t know if I can keep this motivation going, but I will give it my best shot. How about you? Knocking those goals out of the park already? 
Oh, and if you don't follow baseball, my Milwaukee Brewers are in the playoffs. A few more wins and they are on their way to the World Series for only the second time in franchise history. 

3 comments:

  1. It does look like you've had a good week! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a week! *Clapping!*

    I need to get on my costume, as well....it's with a friend who actually sews, undergoing minor alterations....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to wrap up the week with all those goals so neatly laid out and real progress reported! Congrats especially on that new editor and on those steps forward on marketing. May your fundraising for Tumaini be as bright!

    ReplyDelete