Sunday, October 21, 2018

Maybe My Brain is Froze

On our way to the wedding yesterday. Yikes!!! So not ready for this kind of weather!

I only have a general idea of where I am at with these goals. What in the world happened to me this week? We went to a wedding out of town yesterday, came home this afternoon. But you think I would have some recollection about the rest of the week. Good thing I write down these goals and like when I actually do something on the computer, there is a time stamp or otherwise I would have no clue when I do anything. Maybe my brain is just frozen.

So here is what I may have gotten done last week. A reasonable estimate anyway. If it is a goal which I accomplished, and it is done for the Round, I’ll highlight it in blue and then drop it off the list next time I post. If it is a goal which was accomplished this week, but I will do it all over again next week, I’ll highlight it in green and keep it on the list. The usual yellow highlight is goal at least worked on and red lettering is not even attempted, a complete fail. If there is no color at all, it’s a goal I just couldn’t work on for whatever lame reason. If new goals are added, they will be clearly marked as NEW GOAL.

A. WRITING
1. Write three posts for my other blog, “The Dino Chronicles”. Just two.
2. Write a chapter on my new novel, “New Old Spies.” Yup, just one. Don’t know how that happened. Oh, yea, last Sunday afternoon.  
3. I want to read through my novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”, one more time before I send it to my editor Nov. 4. NEW GOAL.
B. REACHING
1. Promote myself or a piece of my writing (whether it be promoting one of my books, submitting a piece somewhere, saying something brilliant about my writing on my social media, etc.). Hmm? Pretty sure I did not. I was going to do a Facebook event for my book signing on November 16 but couldn’t come up with a picture for it.
2. Contact three businesses about doing book signings or speaking engagements. Contacted one.
3. Secure three book signings or speaking engagements. I’m not really counting this, as this goal is for new events, but I do have a date and time pinned down for the book signing at First Street Coffee Shop. Hubby and I stopped in there Saturday morning as I’d never been there before. Which is why this is getting a yellow highlight.
C. READING
1. Read the daily assignment in “Today’s Light” Study Bible. Done.
2. Read the daily devotion in “Jesus Calling”. Done.
3. Read five other people’s blog posts and comment on two of them. Read three and commented on two.  
4. Finish half of the next book I started, “Till the Storm Passes By.” At 90%, so will finish it tonight. Hopefully.
5. Start reading another book, to be determined. NEW GOAL.
D. REMAINING
1. Physical
a. Increase my water intake, averaging 60 ounces per day.  Still working on it. . .    
b. Exercise five mornings a week and three evenings. I exercised five mornings, I am pretty sure, and three evenings.  
2. Home fires
a. Scan 20 old pictures. Nope.   
b. Sew my Halloween costume. Nope and yikes! I only have a week left to finish it!  
a. Promote TV on all of our social media. I posted a reminder to go to the Schwan’s Cares page and click on our current campaign when you order from Schwan’s. Anyone reading this ever order food from Schwan’s??? Just asking. Would love your support, if you click here. 
b. Attend meeting last Sunday where we try to figure out how to raise more money or if this is even worthwhile anymore. Meeting went well. We got fired up to try some new things. Everyone is pumped. We’ll see what happens.
c. Review our Bylaws and Procedure Manual. NEW GOAL. 

Hoping for a better week, or at least a week where I know what’s going on.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still seeing beautiful fall leaves everywhere and the temps only down to about 35 at night here. But I know that snow you portrayed so well is on its way. May the coming week be another good one for you (writing and all else). What could be better than celebrating a wedding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we got to the wedding, there were gale warnings for the city! Crazy weather. And pretty much all our leaves are down here. Just waiting for more snow now I guess.

      Delete
  2. We haven't really gotten snow here yet(a couple flakes floating in the air, but nothing that stuck). But, it's definitely gotten cold. Looks like you've still made some progress this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fallon. It doesn't feel like any progress has been made. I guess that's what good about the color coding system; at least it looks like I got something done.

      Delete