Sunday, July 21, 2019

Back from Vacation


Hubby and I were camping all this past week. We didn’t have internet access so when I was on my laptop in the evenings, I was writing instead of aimlessly scrolling through Facebook posts or taking quizzes to see where I should retire or checking the ten-day weather forecast five times a day.

After a wonderful relaxing week of camping at a state park with electricity, running water and hot showers, I came home yesterday to no power. Everyone in the area (half the state, perhaps) lost electricity in horrendous storms Friday night. Not gonna complain that we were far enough north that the storms totally missed our little pop-up camper.

So I sat at home with no electricity, internet or running water most of the weekend. Luckily, I have a weird obsession of storing jugs of water for just such an occasion. We also have a gas stove, which will light with a match when there’s no power. So we live with a few inconveniences and praise God we bought a generator earlier this spring to keep our frig and freezer cold.

The electricity came back on shortly after noon, after being off for 40 hours! I am just now getting this posted, as I had so much to catch up on around the house.

Here is my short, sweet list of goals for the next three months.
   
   1)    Write 1,000 words a week on my Work In Progress. After I had written just over 300 words in chapter 9 of my latest novel, I realized that I really needed to add something. So I went back and added an entire new chapter 8 and rewrote most of chapter 9. Which means, I’m not really sure how many words I actually wrote, but my best guess is that it had to be at least 1,900. Yeah!
   2)    Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicles. Not, but as already mentioned, I didn’t have internet access for an entire week. Yes, I could have written them ahead of time and scheduled them to post while I was away, but I’ve never had much luck with that. Too much to think about.  
   3)    Continue tweaking my book proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I still haven’t looked at it.  

Sending prayers and thankful thoughts to all the linemen out there who have been working ‘round the clock to get everyone’s power back.  

How has your weather been this summer?  

1 comment:

  1. Life can be so ironic... Anyway, I'm glad the power came back.
    Here in France, summer is mostly dry and hot. They forecast a heat wave but in my area it's usually just fine.

    ReplyDelete