Sunday, July 14, 2019

Happy as a Kid in the Cabbage Patch

Found this in the box of my sister's pictures. Yup, a kid in the cabbage patch. Remember 1985? 

I don’t know where the last week went. I was crazy-busy at work a couple days and quite a bit more laid back the others. As of five pm Thursday, I am on vacation for ten days and am actually surprised that I haven’t heard from anyone at work yet.

Yesterday, I was at a meeting for the professional organization I am a member of (see more on that below), but as I post this, I am a free bird. I need this vacation more than anyone can imagine. I feel like I’m getting it together after six and a half long miserable months. It will all be good.

Here is my short, sweet list of goals for the next three months.

   1)    Write 1,000 words a week on my Work In Progress. As of Friday morning, I didn’t see that this was going to happen this week. Friday evening, though, I had an epiphany and started writing a brand-new story which came out of the blue. Yesterday, I was at a meeting all morning and only had to participate in a few minutes of it. So I sat in the corner for the remaining three hours of the meeting, pretending to pay attention to what was going on, while I was really writing. And believe it or not, put down 994 words! I know, like I could just throw in six more words this morning and meet that goal, right? But I am happy as a kid in a cabbage patch with that number.
   2)    Post three times to my other blog, The Dino Chronicle. Posted there three times. I finished the story of my sister’s cancer on Friday and now am actually going to take a week-long break.
   3)    Continue tweaking my book proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. I haven’t looked at it, but I have time as I won’t send it out to the next agent on my list until September 18, unless I hear back sooner that the first agent rejected me. I suppose I should be ready for that, huh?
   4)    Bonus! At the meeting yesterday, someone asked to buy eight of my books! That came out of nowhere, so much so that I didn’t have any books with me! But I got an idea of how to get them to her.

That’s where I am and pretty satisfied with it. How about you? Charging into those goals? Or still mulling things over?

No comments:

Post a Comment