Sunday, November 17, 2019

Once again, too busy


  Ok, let’s see what did I do this week? Hmm? I can’t remember.

I know I baked cookies one night for a potluck at work the next day. I also worked Friday morning, which used to be my day off, but now I have to work at least a couple hours every other Friday. Yesterday, I attended a “Fall into Wellness” event using essential oils, but we also did some yoga and practiced a little meditation. I’m glad I went to it.

It sure seems like I did more this week. My printer died so I was emailing back and forth to the company about it, and they decided to send me a new one, an upgrade even, because the old one was still under warranty. The new one arrived via UPS on Tuesday, but I didn’t get it hooked up until Friday afternoon. I was excited about that.

Oh, and lastly, I sold my old digital camera on the Facebook marketplace, so I delivered that Friday night. I was glad to get rid of it and I think it went to a good home.



But on to my goals:

1)    Post three times to my other blog, the Dino Chronicles. Done.   
2)  Read five of the blog posts that other ROW80 participants post and comment on three of them. Read four and commented on two. So close.
3) Spend one night working on my short story “Where the Dogs Bark”. Done. I used to keep track of word count but have decided to not worry about that for now.   
4) Spend one night working on my novel “Old New Spies”. Nope.
5) Spend one night working on my family tree.  Yep.
6) Read six chapters in my novel “The Truth Beyond the River”. Read nine. Yeah!

This week might not be as productive. I have a church meeting Tuesday night and church itself Wednesday night. I’ll be off all day Friday but have to start deep cleaning house for Thanksgiving. How is it possible that Thanksgiving is only ten days away!!!

Because next Saturday is the opening of the gun deer hunting season here, there are craft shows all over the area for non-hunting women and men, or those just starting their Christmas shopping. For many years, I was one of those selling at the sales; we had a table for our nonprofit, selling Kenyan-made items to raise money for our projects. We decided to cut back on that, so I finally have this weekend off from that. So, I told my sister I would take her to some of the craft shows around her town, and I just got off the phone with my daughter and invited her to join us. She wants to make us appointments for pedicures that day – yikes! I don’t know about that, but we’ll see.
 
Yup, a lot going on in the coming week. I will still shoot for most of the same goals, though, and we’ll see what happens:

1) Post three times to my other blog, the Dino Chronicles.   
2) Read five of the blog posts that other ROW80 participants post and comment on three of them.
3) Spend one night working on my short story “Where the Dogs Bark”. 
4) Read six chapters in my novel “The Truth Beyond the River”.
5) Spend one night working on my family tree.
6) And all the other stuff I mentioned above 😊 .

How are things going with you? Still working on NaNoWriMo? Or planning a big Thanksgiving dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment