Sunday, November 24, 2019

Time to Gear up for Thanksgiving


The cold that attacked me three weeks ago and which seemed to have totally abated, came back with a vengeance last Sunday. Either that or a different virus attacked me while I wasn’t on my game. Whatever the case, I called in sick to work on Monday and mostly laid around getting caught up on old episodes of NCIS: Los Angeles. I’m mad at myself for not rallying enough to get at least a few things done on my to-do list, but, hey, I was sick, right?

I remained punky most of the week, so missed my church meeting Tuesday night and the church service Wednesday night. Again, Chris, you had enough time to get more done this week. Then Thursday was my boss’s 25th year anniversary of working for the organization, so I got it in my head to go into work an hour early to decorate his office. I don’t know what came over me. I hate that kind of stuff. Plus, payback stinks and I do not abide by it, so now I feel I have to watch my back. You know?

Anyway, here is how I did on my goals for the week:  

1) Post three times to my other blog, the Dino Chronicles. Done.    
2) Read five of the blog posts that other ROW80 participants post and comment on three of them. Read five but only commented on one. Sorry, guys.
3) Spend one night working on my short story “Where the Dogs Bark”.  Yes.
4) Read six chapters in my novel “The Truth Beyond the River”. Yes.
5) Spend one night working on my family tree. Nope.
6) BONUS: Since I have pretty much decided to self-publish “The Truth Beyond the River” on Amazon, I need someone to make a cover for me. I had come up with this one, as a working version. The picture is from the location which inspired the story, but the building needs to be changed. So, I messaged a friend from high school and she agreed to work on it. I sent her a copy of the manuscript to read so she gets a better feel for it. I’m pretty excited about that. I’m sure she’ll do a fantastic job. She’s very talented. I’ll keep you posted.


This week, of course, is Thanksgiving. Right now, there will be fourteen around my dining room table. Possibly fifteen.

My brother-in-law and his wife from out of town will be coming up and spending the night Wednesday. Then an old friend from out of town will be driving over Thursday morning and spending Thursday night. I have to work Friday morning for a couple hours as well as Saturday until eleven. Sounds exhausting. We’ll see.

Here's what I’m going to try to get done. It appears my goals have been attainable so far, so I really need to start upping my game. Maybe in another week, though, huh?

1) Post three times to my other blog, the Dino Chronicles.  
2) Read five of the blog posts that other ROW80 participants post and comment on three of them.
3) Spend one night working on my short story “Where the Dogs Bark”. 
4) Read six chapters in my novel “The Truth Beyond the River”.
5) Spend one night working on my family tree.
6) Survive Thanksgiving dinner.
Last year's turkey, resting before he is destroyed. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck surviving Thanksgiving then!
    And self-publishing The Truth Beyond the River too, though that's more in the long run.

    ReplyDelete