Sunday, November 10, 2019

Whoa! How'd I get this much done?

Well, here’s a surprise – I didn’t get much accomplished this week. As if anyone thought I would.

The last three days, though, I visited with six different friends or relatives in four different locations. Came home last night and told Hubby that if I ever think about cramming this much into one weekend again, that he needs to stop me.

Had good visits with everyone. Some of them needed it more than I did – you know, being the supportive friend and such. But sometimes I do need to get out of my house and be with people other than co-workers and clients at work. Exhausting though.

Here was my to-do list from last week.

1)    Post three times to my other blog, the Dino Chronicles. Done.  
     2)    Read all of the blog posts that other ROW80 participates post. I did quite a few. I shouldn’t use the word “all” here; that is asking for failure.
     3)    Spend one night – yes, just one night! – writing something, anything on one of my multiple works in progress. Again, this was a little vague. I’m kinda feeling like vague is my new modus operandi. Anyway, I did write on my short story, “Where the Dogs Bark” for one night.  
     4)    Spend one night working on my family tree. I had been gung-ho about that last spring, but just haven’t done much since then (kinda like the rest of my life). I did spend several hours last Sunday night working on the Hubby’s family’s tree.
     5)    Re-read my novel “The Truth Beyond the River” in anticipation of self-publishing it on Amazon. Read through chapter 6.


Riding way back in 2011. 
Whoa! That looks like I did all right. It sure didn’t feel like it. Guess that’s why we make lists. I guess for now it’s better to take baby steps and at least feel like I’m getting something done.

So for next week, let’s keep it simple again.

1) Post three times to my other blog, the Dino Chronicles.   
2) Read five of the blog posts that other ROW80 participates post and comment on three of them.
3) Spend one night working on my short story “Where the Dogs Bark”. 
4) Spend one night working on my novel “Old New Spies”.
5) Spend one night working on my family tree.
6) Read six chapters in my novel “The Truth Beyond the River”.

This week my work schedule doesn’t look bad, or at least it didn’t when I left for the weekend on Thursday. Anything may have happened between then and tomorrow morning.

Wishing you all a happy and productive week.

1 comment:

  1. Well maybe it was the rush of cramming so much into one weekend but you most certainly did great! I hope next week goes that same or even better!

    ReplyDelete