Sunday, January 5, 2020

Recapping 2019's goals and a lists of failures

First of all, let’s recap those abysmal goals from 2019. I’m looking this over and thinking to myself, “Did I really come up with these goals? What was I thinking?”

Oh, well, it’s 365 days I can’t relive; let me just spill it.    

WRITING     
1)    Finish the proposal for “The Truth Beyond the River”. Finished 6-26-19
2)    Edit “Finding Justice”. Hmm? Hardly even remember writing this.
3)    Finish typing “No Body Found”. Didn’t touch it.
4)    Start the next novella to go with that series. I had ideas for four novellas to put together - the two above, one with the working title of “Ghost House” and one more that I can’t remember. Hmm? Don’t remember this goal either.
5)    Finish writing “Old New Spies”. This is a lofty goal indeed. But I will give it a shot. At least I wrote four chapters. Yea, Me!
6)    Continue posting three times weekly to “The Dino Chronicles.” Pretty close.
7)    Continue posting here once a week. Not so close.   
REACHING
1)    Find an agent. Submitted proposal to Diana Glaz 6-26-19, which was, by the way, rejected in September.
2)    Publish “The Truth Beyond the River”. If I haven’t found an agent or a publisher for it by June 1, the end of the year, I will self-publish. I have not found an agent and have given up getting one. Hope to self-publish a few months into 2020.
3)    Submit fourteen pieces. Not even close.
4)    Redo my website. Not even looked at.
READING
1)    Read fourteen books, two from the “classics” list. Have read 23 books, four of which were classics. Finally a goal that I smoked.
2)    Read an average of five other blogs per week, commenting on three of them. Not sure, but kinda don’t think I made it.
REMAINING
1)    Return to Kenya in the fall. Done
2)    Empty the box of old pictures in my office. No, but I did work on it.
3)    Finish my family tree. This has already consumed a lot of my time this year. When does this ever end?
4)    Clean out all of the closets in my house. Last year’s ridiculous goals was to get the whole house as clean as possible. I don’t know how that could happen, so I’m trying to be more realistic. And by cleaning, I mean – empty all the junk out of those puppies. Cleaned a few.
5)    Keep my weight at 140. Last year I was going to get in the best shape of my life. Didn’t know how that would look, so am being more specific. I got there, stayed there for a couple weeks, then the holidays happened. Argh. But I’m still counting this!

That’s it for now. Next Sunday, I’ll come up with a revised and doable list of goals for the year.

Hoping that you did better in 2019 and are looking forward to a 2020 full of success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment